[SOLVED] Computer wont start.

doomrider7

Honorable
Mar 2, 2015
I'm not really sure what the issue is so I'm posting here, but I have a computer that I use as a server for gaming and it is the following one,

HP ProDesk 600 G2 MT i7-6700 @ 3.40GHz 8GB DDR4 RAM

The only changes are upgrades to about 32gb ram. That's it. The issue I'm having is that it wont start now. When I turn it on, the power light will start and it'll make some booting sounds and then shut off and repeat the cycle until I disconnect the power. I'm not sure what to categorize this issue as or what to do.

dimtodim

Reputable
I'm not really sure what the issue is so I'm posting here, but I have a computer that I use as a server for gaming and it is the following one,

HP ProDesk 600 G2 MT i7-6700 @ 3.40GHz 8GB DDR4 RAM

The only changes are upgrades to about 32gb ram. That's it. The issue I'm having is that it wont start now. When I turn it on, the power light will start and it'll make some booting sounds and then shut off and repeat the cycle until I disconnect the power. I'm not sure what to categorize this issue as or what to do.
i see spec of mobo...max support ram memory is 24GB that is the problem

Reactions: doomrider7

doomrider7

Honorable
Mar 2, 2015
i see spec of mobo...max support ram memory is 24GB that is the problem

Is it? I had seen max be a bit more. In any case bummer, but it's working now. I'll build a proper setup for this later in the future gutting this one and using the parts on a modern MOBO(any good cheap recs welcome) and I still need to upgrade HDD to SSD.