Krispetey

Reputable
May 31, 2015
Motherboard: Gigabyte AMD 770

Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 620(2.6GHz)

Graphics Card: GeForxe GTX 750

RAM: 10GB

PSU: Xion 700W - Model No: XON-700P12N

Hey guys. So I recently installed a GTX 750 graphics card two days ago. Had no issues and it ran beautifully. Left my PC on over night and suddenly it won't turn on. I switched power outlets to the PSU and no luck. All that happens is that my mouse light shows that it's receiving power. The fans don't turn, nor does anything else. I'm confused because everything was working fine just last night. Could it be that I need a new PSU?

Also, to make a long story short, 6-8 months ago I cleaned out my PC thoroughly of any dust. When I tried to turn it on it wouldn't work properly. The fans would run and lights would pop up but the monitor didn't recieve a signal. I let my PC sit for a couple months. I recently relocated and decided to plug it in and out of sheer luck, it worked fine. I'm unsure if this may have anything to do with what's wrong. As of now I'm ruling out that it may be the PSU. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Solution

The Corsair CX series of power supplies use poor capacitors and are not recommended in my opinion. Go with an XFX 650W power supply or a Seasonic 620W power supply.

Krispetey

Reputable
May 31, 2015
Oh really? Had no idea, the PC was prebuilt, but I'll definitely look into getting something new and better. It lasted 5 years so I figured it was sturdy enough to handle what I was feeding it.

ThatGuyBrandon

Reputable
May 31, 2015

Yeah if its 5 years old its had its time and its probably dying now. Pre build PC's tend to have shittier PSU's so they can just put a better graphics card or CPU so they can advertise the shit out of it.

Good luck with finding a replacement

The Corsair CX series of power supplies use poor capacitors and are not recommended in my opinion. Go with an XFX 650W power supply or a Seasonic 620W power supply.

Solution

TrentSp

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015
I had a similar issue with my new GPU, I had ordered a XFX Radeon R9 290 card and the first night I tried installing everything, no monitor signal, nothing! However, I did some digging and figured out my MSI motherboard's BIOS needed an update given its firmware was not up to date with the newer card. So I put back in my functional GPU and flashed the BIOS, swapped cards again and like magic it all worked fine! Hope this helps?