Computer won't turn on after installing a new power supply

Kr8er

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
From what I can tell everything looks like it is plugged in properly. During the installation I accidentally unplugged the front panel cables but I am confident they are in the right place. I tried the paperclip trick to see if the power supply is faulty or not. Nothing happened to the power supply, but the lights in my house flickered (maybe just a coincidence). Also, when everything is plugged in and the power switch is on "I", there are no lights on. Normally there is a blue light on the motherboard.

The power supply is a Corsair HIVE-750

Here is a link to my motherboard: http://us.msi.com/product/mb/P67A-G45--B3-.html

Processor: i7-2600k
Graphics card: GTX 580 Twin Frozr II

Any help is appreciated

WesloGli

Reputable
Aug 4, 2015
I have a Dp67bg Intel Motherboard and an intel i7 2600k. I had my pc running overnight and when I woke up my router wasn't powering up and neither was my pc. Apparently there was a thunder storm. I pressed my pc power button and nothing came on. no fan spins or beep noises. So I replaced the power supply and tried the power button again but still theres no sign of power, Usually my mother board has a blue light that gets lit up as long as my pc is connected to power, now im not sure what could be blown or broken? anyone had a similar experience?