[SOLVED] Computer won't turn on but motherboard lights flashes red

virus9028

Honorable
Jun 28, 2018
I woke up to turn my pc and i shocked myself while pressing power button.

The motherboard light flashes from white to red for 1 second every 10 seconds but wont turn on. the rgb keyboard lights up for 1 second also, wont turn on at all just red light idk what this means im no expert

i tried using 1 stick of ram but still not powering on

Specs
Asrock b250 gaming k4 motherboard
Evga g3 supernova 650w
Gskill 16gb (8gb x2)
I7 7700k cpu with cm hyper d92 cooler
Sapphire rx 580 8gb

Last edited:
Solution
"short" , not sort, the jumpers with a screwdriver. Means use a screwdriver to connect the two pins instead of the connector for the power button. If it powers on, there is a short somewhere in the power connector cable. If the computer doesn't power on, there is a power problem somewhere, either in the power supply or the motherboard. If this is the case, start by disconnecting and reconnecting ALL power connections first. If that doesn't help, the power supply would be my first suspect as a failed component.
Dust off your pc thoroughly, then reset CMOS by removing the battery, of course after unplugging power cable. Check the PW connection that goes from front to motherboard. If you still fail to boot, try sorting the motherboard 2-pin PW connector with a screwdriver. Let me know how it goes

virus9028

Honorable
Jun 28, 2018
Dust off your pc thoroughly, then reset CMOS by removing the battery, of course after unplugging power cable. Check the PW connection that goes from front to motherboard. If you still fail to boot, try sorting the motherboard 2-pin PW connector with a screwdriver. Let me know how it goes

removing the battery did not work

what do you mean sort out with a screwdriver

the jumper was already connected to cmos pins

"short" , not sort, the jumpers with a screwdriver. Means use a screwdriver to connect the two pins instead of the connector for the power button. If it powers on, there is a short somewhere in the power connector cable. If the computer doesn't power on, there is a power problem somewhere, either in the power supply or the motherboard. If this is the case, start by disconnecting and reconnecting ALL power connections first. If that doesn't help, the power supply would be my first suspect as a failed component.

Solution