Computer Wont Turn on, PSU led blinking !

PriPhaze

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
Well hello everyone,

I have this old computer that i got awhile back ago and well it was working normal but recently i noticed that when i tried to turn it on it wont start at all , soo i took a look to the PSU on the back and the small green led is blinking and it wont stop doing that , soo i decided to open it and i noticed that if i unplug the 24 pin connector the blinking stops o.o and the only way i found to turn it on was to unplug the 24pin and then quickly plug it back and press the botton xD , that way it turns on but obviously this will repeat if i discconect the pc or if i leave it w/o energy for too much time .

So anyone have any idea what could be going wrong?
I was thinking it could be the PSU but... is so weird ... i really dont know what else .. Q_Q.

Early Thanks Tho.!

tysonwarrior2

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Try another PSU. If you don't have one laying around try unplugging the psu from everything in the machine except for a fan or some kind of load ( a dead hdd does well here) and grounding pin 16 in the picture below to make the psu turn on.
24-pin-atx-pinout.gif

If it works then, it should be fine, which means it may be your motherboard...

PriPhaze

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
Thank you so much that was pretty fast ! I will try that tomorrow morning since i already did the "trick" to turn it on and my bro is using it right now. I really hope is not the Mobo cuz that would be awful u.u.