xXcreepzgamezXx

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
Hey,
My PC is basically refusing to wake up from sleep mode. When I attempt to wake it up the logo on the case lights up and the fans start spinning however the lights to indicate that it's in sleep mode will continue flashing until I force it to shut down. I had the same issue yesterday however it was saying Reboot and select proper boot device which was when I realised the boot order is configured incorrectly and it tried to boot of my external hard drive which has no OS on. I managed to get it to boot first time today after I forced it to restart.

I recently had my RAM sticks replaced but I highly doubt that they are the issue, it also had the same issue that it had a couple months back when it refused to recognise any USB devices plugged into the front to which I contacted Microsoft support and they just reinstalled Windows so I did that again yesterday and they are working again.

I find these issues pretty annoying as I just want a perfectly working computer, this was my first custom build after years of prebuilt computers and to be honest, i'm getting put off the idea of going custom built in the future.

My PC specs are as follows:
MSI A320m PRO-E Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 2600x CPU
Corsair Vengeance CMK16GX4M2D3000C16 RAM (2x 8gb sticks)

EVGA 600 W1, 80+ WHITE 600W, Power Supply 100-W1-0600-K3 PSU
Aerocool XPredator X3 Case
1tb Seagate Barracuda HDD
256gb Lexar NS100 SSD (Boot drive)

If I can get some help with this it would be appriciated

Thanks

xXcreepzgamezXx

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
if you do not already, make you have the latest BIOS version & all of the latest motherboard system drivers installed.
Yes it worked, thank you so much! I apparantly spent all this time without having my motherboards proper drivers installed as stated when I inserted the DVD which came with the motherboard and I also did a BIOs update just incase to the latest one. It did look like it was going to bootloop at first as it displayed the splash screen and turned off but it restarted back into windows, I put it to sleep mode to test it and it woke up when I pressed the power button. This just proves big problems can be fixed with little solutions I guess :)