Computer worked but now keeps restarting

roitchie

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016
I built a new pc and after finishing building it I turned it on for the first time and it was working. I installed Windows and then checked the system on control panel. It only detected 8GB or ram rather than 16 so I turned off the computer and removed the RAM and then put it back in. When trying to turn it on it will restart after about 5 second after pressing the power button. I have tried putting the RAM in different slots but it still keeps restarting.

Solution
1| Can you please pass on your full system's specs inclusive of your OS and connected peripherals?
2| Have you followed through with the guide(linked below) in building your system for the first time?
3| Depending on your system there is a clear CMOS button on your motherboard which you can access to reset your BIOS. If it's not available, remove the CMOS battery for 5-15 minutes before replacing it.
4| You may also want to run memtest86 for at least 10 passes per stick of ram to rule out your ram slots and the ram sticks. If the latter then you RMA the ram stick's or kit and if the former then the motherboard slots are defective thus that needs the RMA.

Lutfij

Titan
1| Can you please pass on your full system's specs inclusive of your OS and connected peripherals?
2| Have you followed through with the guide(linked below) in building your system for the first time?
3| Depending on your system there is a clear CMOS button on your motherboard which you can access to reset your BIOS. If it's not available, remove the CMOS battery for 5-15 minutes before replacing it.
4| You may also want to run memtest86 for at least 10 passes per stick of ram to rule out your ram slots and the ram sticks. If the latter then you RMA the ram stick's or kit and if the former then the motherboard slots are defective thus that needs the RMA.

Solution