Question Computer works but games Crash

Feb 23, 2023
Hello there,

I have been having some issues with my PC and I have tried about everything I could think of. About a month ago, my PC would not display anything. It would boot but then I would get no signal to my monitors. After doing some testing, I found that moving my GPU to the bottom slot solved this issue, making me think my Mobo could be going bad. While it started to actually display picture, I then began running into my current issue where I play games like Modern Warfare 2 or Halo Infinite and the games just crash about halfway through. Thinking it could still be a bad motherboard or PSU, I ended up just going out and buying a new motherboard, PSU, CPU, and RAM. Pretty much the only thing I did not replace was the GPU and CPU Cooler. After replacing it all, I went to test the games again and the same exact thing continues to happen. I’m not sure if it was my GPU maybe all along?

Current Specs:

Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor

be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler

Asus TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard

G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory x2 (32GB)

NVIDIA Founders Edition GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB Video Card

Corsair RM1000x (2021) 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive

Silicon Power A55 512 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive

Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB Pro 52 CFM 120 mm Fan x4

Lutfij

Titan
So you're working with 4 sticks of rams on your platform? What BIOS version are you currently on your motherboard?

Thinking it could still be a bad motherboard or PSU, I ended up just going out and buying a new motherboard, PSU, CPU, and RAM. Pretty much the only thing I did not replace was the GPU and CPU Cooler. After replacing it all, I went to test the games again and the same exact thing continues to happen. I’m not sure if it was my GPU maybe all along?
So did you do a swap, like-for-like or did you change the board to another make/model?

Feb 23, 2023
Ya I have 4 sticks of 8 GB ram (32 GB) total. And it looks like BIOS version is “American Megatrends Inc. 2103, 9/30/2022”.

So you're working with 4 sticks of rams on your platform? What BIOS version are you currently on your motherboard?

Thinking it could still be a bad motherboard or PSU, I ended up just going out and buying a new motherboard, PSU, CPU, and RAM. Pretty much the only thing I did not replace was the GPU and CPU Cooler. After replacing it all, I went to test the games again and the same exact thing continues to happen. I’m not sure if it was my GPU maybe all along?
So did you do a swap, like-for-like or did you change the board to another make/model?