[SOLVED] Computers CPU temp jumping to >90C after connecting to the internet

Feb 18, 2022
Recently I have had a sudden issue where my CPU went from idling at about 50C (Already high) to 90C or more when i connected to the internet. I have run malwarebytes factory reset and paid close attention to my task manager. NOT a cooler issue nor a thermal paste issue

Solution
you might want to see what processes are running that might be suspicious, if any...(check clock speed , CPU temps, and CPU usage with HWMonitor!); if things get better when task manager is opened, that is often a sign of malware attempting to evade detection by suspending itself when task manager is open..!)

MS's Process Explorer is better, and might allow you track down /terminate/rename/delete miscreant processes carefully if this is malware...
you might want to see what processes are running that might be suspicious, if any...(check clock speed , CPU temps, and CPU usage with HWMonitor!); if things get better when task manager is opened, that is often a sign of malware attempting to evade detection by suspending itself when task manager is open..!)

MS's Process Explorer is better, and might allow you track down /terminate/rename/delete miscreant processes carefully if this is malware...

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Solution