COMPUTEX 2010 Day 1: New Rosewill PC Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Is it forbidden to point out that Rosewill is the Newegg store brand? The division is 100% owned by Newegg and Rosewill branded products are only available from Newegg.

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
I actually really like rosewill.. they are generally a great product.. My only problem is they discontinue stuff that surprises me.. Like my external sata 2.5 drive that they used to sell a hot swappable plug for.. Where I didn't have to have any cables just walk up and slide in the drive and then unplug when IO was done.. I like the cases but just hope they don't have crap loads of non removable LED's..

moomooman

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
What ever happened to Desktop PC cases? Was there a technical reason they died out?

Also, a few years ago I remember reading about the standard that was to replace ATX (NLX?). Supposedly our video cards would be the other way up so we could see the lights and fans etc. Guess that died out too?

broketechjunkie

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]Yawn... I never buy Rosewill, to many buy their junk PSUs only to find out they're crap and can't run most high end and some mid range cards.[/citation]
PSU != Case

jimslaid2

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
ATX is here to stay BTW. It just too common, plus it's hard to make a profit from uncommon form factors.
I bought a Rosewill case for $20 (micro ATX) it's just a plane black case perfect for HTPC.
The new form looks cool, but with Antec making 300's for about $60 USD It's gonna be hard to sell these. Thermaltake has similar offerings in that price range as well, with better quality.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]Yawn... I never buy Rosewill, to many buy their junk PSUs only to find out they're crap and can't run most high end and some mid range cards.[/citation]
Stallion series was some of their more decent psu's. I had one and it ran in my pc fine for the year I had it. Still have it, of course I'm running a 4670 so it's not overloaded >.>
Facts about psu's: Don't buy a 500-700watt psu for 20$ thinking it's going to run crossfired/sli builds. A more common mistake is someone buys a case with a psu or a Logitech psu and expect it to run an Nvidia 260-295 because it has the needed cable.

sublifer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
yawn. Doesn't look like anything new to me. sideways 3.5" bays that can be removed is old news. I'd rather they have just made front-access hot-swap bays.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Wow Rosewill released something that doesn't look like crap. Is this a note of how much they have change? Or is it that they decided to paint their case better?

madman1391

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009

I have had a Rosewill Power supply for 3.5 years and its still working. I even had a little incident where i was messing around with a switch and raw wires, i ended up sparking on my case and shutting down the computer. Powered it back up and still going strong.

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
looks kinda nice but having to remove the cage for a full length video card kills it for me. The past 5 cards I've owned were full length (7900gto, 8800gtx, gtx 280, gtx 295, gtx 480).

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
I've got a Rosewill Destroyer and I've got great airflow, it's a beautiful case (fits full length video cards no problem), and it was $60 (they go on sale for $50 sometimes as well). Haven't tried their PSUs though, so dunno.

jjchmiel78

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
My Rosewill case case actually seems better suited than this "new" one. Mine has a push button release for the side panel. A quick release front panel to access the front dust screen and 5.25/3.5 front drives. It has side mount Hard Drive mount cage. All drives use rubber mounted toolless rails so it is whisper quiet. The side panel has a telescoping/removable CPU funnel. The inlet hole has a dust screen and hole mounts for a fan. The front and rear fans are 120mm. More than enough room for the biggest of video cards. Top mount Power button, USB, firewire, and audio ports. I only paid $50 on sale for it. The only thing I do not like is the molded slit and space for a floppy drive.

ayssius

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
I can't tell if it was the lighting, the low resolution shots, or perhaps the really poor cable management. But this case kind of looked ugly to me. On top of which it certainly does not bring anything new to the table.

elel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
How come this looks so much like my cooler master storm scout in it's internal layout? Bottom psu, top fan, sideways hdd cage, everything!

clivene09

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
I have a Rosewill Wind Knight, and I have no complaints at all. It is leaps and bounds over my old case, although that one was about 6 years older.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Maybe I got lucky, but the old 450 Watt Rosewill PSU I have is still kicking around in my old Athlon 64 X2 5200 rig I passed on to my wife after I built my new rig. I think its almost 3 years old, so Im kinda impressed considering it was so cheap. But I have read some absolute horror stories about them blowing up and nuking the whole computers in the process, so I probably wont get another one just to be safe. The Rosewill case I got at the same time however was horrible. It was made of cheap brittle plastic, and had horrid airflow even with 120mm fans. My temps dropped on that old dual core by around a good 6-8ºc alone when I got a different case, and that was with the crappy stock HSF and no other changes. I dont go as cheap on PSUs anymore (using Antec now), but I still cut corners a little on cases. The NZXT Beta case I got for my new rig is a lot better and I got it for a song (50 bucks on newegg). /ramble off

Status
Not open for further replies.