Computex: Intel Shows Speedy "Nehalem"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyjohn

Distinguished
If the Nahalem is such a large performance booster, Intel better be careful about their marketing buildup or most will stop buying for a few months in anticipation. Then if Intel puts the usual high introductory price on it they may have a lot of angry customers.

Just_An_Engineer

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
Considering that all of the rumors thus far have been that the mainstream Nehalem processors won't be available until next year, I'd say you can safely assume that the introductory price for the Bloomfield core Nehalems will be $1000+ US.

G

i saw a marketing road map of this nehalem processor and it says that the mainstream nehalems will appear at Q2 2009 and the value ones at Q3. though forgot where i saw it.

Sources said last time it was running @ 3.2ghz now there saying "we can confirm that the system was running at a very impressive clock rate. We’ll go out on a limb here and say that nothing else currently available on the market matches it" - are they refering to clock speed (as in could it be upto 4ghz now?) or overall performance which is better then (IPC wise) a Core2 based cpu at the same clock? either way Intel's 45nm come stock @ 3.2, what can this monster do?

Core 3 Quad???...........

Well from what I have read Nehalem will be able to offer better performance at the same thermal envelop (TDP) and the same performance at a much lower thermal envelope. So basically it will have better IPC and higher clocks using the same power as a Cors 2 Quad or run at a lower clock rate and still offer the same performance as a Core 2 Quad.

I just can't wait for the bench marks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.