Computex: Touch Screen Gets Serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

yadge

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
I would definitely just rather use a mouse if it was possible when using my computer. It's just easier and more precise. I think touch screens are only useful when you are unable to have a mouse, such as with mobile devices and ATMs/whatever.

draxssab

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
I think that touch screens are a good thing. Most people don't like them because we have used keyboard and mices SO much that now it's a bit tough to use a new input method.
I own a DS and i really like the feeling it gives to play on a touch sceen, so with their evolution, i think i can only be better. It should also reduce the size of Laptops and gadgets (just look at the Ipod touch/Iphone)

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
yadge, I agree that the mouse would still be easier to navigate. I am also not too hot about the touch screen keyboard mobile devices, even if they are easier to market. I have used my friends iPhone enough to know that compared to my ATT 8525 with the slide out keyboard, the touch screen SUCKS!

G

I use a touch-screen all day at work, it simplifies some of the options/menus to only the basics but thats all i need while im knee deep in electronic gear with tools all about and having a big keyboard around to use the test equipment would be just about too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.