[SOLVED] Concerned about temps on Ryzen 5 2600X

fvxtonpc

Commendable
Oct 8, 2018
Ran Prime95 test on R5 2600X with Coolermaster LC120E and temps sat around 65 for about 10 minutes then they went up to 75-77 within 15 minutes and I was wondering if that’s normal ? or should I be worried

Solution
I’m just trying to make sure the temps will be safe under gaming , I don’t plan on doing any overclocks or anything
Prime95 is about the hottest and most stressful program that works all cores and threads to the max. If you're only getting occasional peaks into the 80's running that you should be fine while gaming which works one core only very heavily.

fvxtonpc

Commendable
Oct 8, 2018
True

How close is core temp to ryzen master?
Another 1 is Hwinfo64.

Select at top small fft's and disable avx's again.
See how it does.
If you have control over your pump and fan speeds turn them up and see what the maxes out at.
They’re about .5 degrees off from each other but with the small test I ran it’s at about 75 degrees now

I’m just trying to make sure the temps will be safe under gaming , I don’t plan on doing any overclocks or anything
Prime95 is about the hottest and most stressful program that works all cores and threads to the max. If you're only getting occasional peaks into the 80's running that you should be fine while gaming which works one core only very heavily.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2
Solution

TRENDING THREADS