[SOLVED] Concerning Motherboard temps (ICUE)

Dec 13, 2021
Icue is showing concerning temps at various points on my motherboard.

I have heard Icue takes temps and adds them together (and it is common on asus motherboards which i have) or something which might explain when i turn my pc on i dont see any climb but rather it goes straight to 94 or 89c it also doesnt tend to fluxuate at all underload and only moves around 1c. This system is literally only a couple days old and i have had little issues (eg gpu coil whine which is fine if its not damaging so i just cap fps and broken extension cable) apart from RGB control which is why i went to icue instead of signalrgb (long story).
HWINFO64 only shows 1 motherboard temp at a cool 25c so im really just hoping its some bug that Icue is too lazy to fix.

to sum it up: icue is 'measuring' around 18 points on my motherboard. Most of which are fine, but some arent - eg. Temp #16: 94c, temp #7: 87c. I have contacted Asus but much to my surprise (obvious sarcasm), i got no response... HWINFO is showing good temps.

Apart from that, getting great temps overall fortunately

SPECS:
Asus ROG Strix b550-a
Samsung 970 evo plus 500gb
Samsung 980 1tb
RTX 3060
Ryzen 5 5600x
ICUE version: v4.18.209

Thanks for any help! :))

Solution
18 is too many
It sounds like a bug to me. I only see two temp sensors on my X570 in Icue
jWcry3q.jpg

I assume HWINFO shows more than just 1 temp, as mine shows 2 system temps for MB
Y16Eiwa.jpg

better off using HWINFO to track temps

Also, Asus MB can have sensors on them that report incorrect values. My last few MB have been Asus and everyone had a sensor or two that was always really hot. If its always the same sensors, you could just ignore them.

I would suggest speedfan as a 3rd opinion on temps but it doesn't know what Ryzen is and hasn't been updated in a few years.
Not...

Colif

Win 11 Master
18 is too many
jWcry3q.jpg

I assume HWINFO shows more than just 1 temp, as mine shows 2 system temps for MB
Y16Eiwa.jpg

Also, Asus MB can have sensors on them that report incorrect values. My last few MB have been Asus and everyone had a sensor or two that was always really hot. If its always the same sensors, you could just ignore them.

I would suggest speedfan as a 3rd opinion on temps but it doesn't know what Ryzen is and hasn't been updated in a few years.
Not sure if installing Asus utilities to see what temps they report would help as many of those can cause problems.

Last edited:
Solution
Dec 13, 2021
18 is too many
jWcry3q.jpg

Y16Eiwa.jpg

Not sure if installing Asus utilities to see what temps they report would help as many of those can cause problems.
Sounds about right. Ill just ignore them for now. I dont have 'system 1' and 'system 2' but i figure that is just a setting i need to adjust in HWINFO. Thank you for your help!!

Colif

Win 11 Master
HWINFO reports what sensors show it, so clearly your board isn't showing it many.
Do you have newest bios on MB? not saying it would help though.

its strange to have so few temps. Or at least, its odd HWINFO can't see anywhere near the 18 Icue sees.

What are you using Icue for? I have disabled HWINFO from tracking any of my H100i sensors as it was causing Icue to blink my rgb. But It can still track everything else while Icue does.

Dec 13, 2021
HWINFO reports what sensors show it, so clearly your board isn't showing it many.
Do you have newest bios on MB? not saying it would help though.

its strange to have so few temps. Or at least, its odd HWINFO can't see anywhere near the 18 Icue sees.

What are you using Icue for? I have disabled HWINFO from tracking any of my H100i sensors as it was causing Icue to blink my rgb. But It can still track everything else while Icue does.
I am using ICUE for gpu and ram rgb. I had issues where other softwares would overlap and fans or ram would not listen. For now, im happy to use Icue and ignore temps. As for HWINFO, it only says motherboard: 26c 24c 26c (max,min). Did hwinfo automatically show those temps or did you need to configure anything? My motherboard I believe may have been used previously since i thought b550 motherboards only support ryzen 3 out of box however mine came with a ryzen 5 ready sticker and worked with my cpu (5 5600x). I bought this motherboard from retailer, not second hand. hold up idk what temp 9 is in the screenshot - i checked to see if it matched temperature but it doesnt (icue shows 68c, hwinfo shows in 20-30c) hovering over it in hwinfo says it doesnt have sufficient information about the mainboard value. I am reading up on the temp 9 and im guessing people just get random temps especially on asus mobo and they just ignore it. 1 person even said its an 'unconnected' sensor that reads random temperatures out of nowhere. yet again, thanks for the input. :)
Screenshot-2021-12-13-195110

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
There were 2 sensors on asus MB that used to show high temps on HWINFO but the author of the program has removed them

that link is linked to this - https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/temp-2-temp-5-asus-tuf-gaming-b550-plus.6582/

I expect the sensors used on B550 & X570 boards are similar on Asus boards.

I have sensors I am not sure of as well, but 23c isn't really anything to worry about. it looks like a CPU score since its same as CPU (weight)

Dec 13, 2021
There were 2 sensors on asus MB that used to show high temps on HWINFO but the author of the program has removed them

that link is linked to this - https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/temp-2-temp-5-asus-tuf-gaming-b550-plus.6582/

I expect the sensors used on B550 & X570 boards are similar on Asus boards.

I have sensors I am not sure of as well, but 23c isn't really anything to worry about. it looks like a CPU score since its same as CPU (weight)
Right. Guessing the next stage is to wait for Asus to respond when they feel like and see what happens. Seems like too many have the same issue so im going to ignore it for now. Thanks for the help!!