Question Configuration for multiple displays for restaurant menu ?

Dec 10, 2022
I'm wondering how to go about setting up multiple displays for a coffee shop that wishes to display its drink and sandwich prices electronically. The owner of the shop wants to have three displays, each about 4 ft wide, and connected without wires. It seems to me there are different ways to do this.

My first thought was that a computer could be set up with a card to allow three monitors. In researching monitors, it seems that the largest I've seen for sale are in the 30's in terms of inches. To get 48" wide, we would need a screen size of something in the 60's, yes?

Instead of computer monitors, is it possible to set up multiple TV monitors to function as remote multiple displays? What would be needed to do so? My only experience with hooking up a PC to a TV is to use an HDMI cable, which isn't going to work for the shop owner.

I'm assuming the content to display would be PNG files for the static menu content, and some sort of looping video which I assume could be made with OBS for a display with animation or slides. For the static shots, I have an html file that the owner can edit when prices or items change. When displayed in a browser, a screen shot can be taken, and the image trimmed to just the desired content and saved as a PNG. I'm also considering using XML with XSLT to generate displayable images that can be screen shot and trimmed. If browser software exists that can display the images in a fullscreen mode, that would work.--but IDK how fullscreen mode works for individual monitors in a multiple monitor setup.

Alternatively, would it make sense to use three PCs (maybe inexpensive laptops, or even some sort of tablets?) set up to each display on one remote monitor apiece?

Are there more than one way to go in terms of setting up a wireless connection? I'm not clear if this is something that is done with WiFi over a network, or BlueTooth (which I've never used) or some other way to remote that I don't know about.

USAFRet

Titan
Question: Are you the dedicated IT guy for this business? If not, what is your actual role?

I ask, because this is a long solved configuration. ALL of your competitors have something similar.

This is not something you want to waste time and effort on. Hire some local company that does this.

Just like you don't manage your own plumbing, HVAC, build your own furniture....
Contract this out.

Asking in a forum like this, you'll get a bunch of half answers, unless you happen to get a reply from someone int he actual business.
And they would, if halfway competent, want to do a site survey, to see exactly what you're working with.

Contract this out.
Close collaboration, but let someone else do all this, and you concentrate on what YOU do.

Dec 10, 2022
You advice is quite practical, but I hope it doesn't inhibit others from replying with actual information about how this sort of thing is usually configured.

As for myself, I like DYI projects. I put together my PC with parts and plans largely with Toms Hardware assistance. I've installed my own web and mail servers on a remote virtual machine. I've been dabbling with ecommerce written with Spring Boot. I'm curious about things, and in this case, have only been able to find articles with very sketchy information as to the actual setup. I came to Tom's to post because I had hopes there might be guides here, as there were when I built my tower. I'm not an actual I.T.. employee for the coffee shop owner--more a friend with some tech knowledge that offers a bit of help here and there.