Confirmed: Serious Sam 3 in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
what are these 'HD' versions? can't you just up the res in the settings of the originals? are they like texture packs?

anyway, SS3 ftw! I'd like to see you play A SS game on a controller!

randomizer

Champion
The HD versions use Serious Engine 3, the originals use Serious Engine 1 which is 7 or 8 years old. It's got nothing to do with the resolution. A few things were removed, at least from the First Encounter (such as directional gravity) because of the time needed to rewrite AI. Look on Youtube for some trailers.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
If it's finished in 2010 there's a risk it won't actually ship until 2011 unless finished means finished and tested ... or ofcourse if ubisoft makes it, it won't be tested at all and just shipped .... or worse - if focus home interactive (french) handles distribution it won't even show up in stores or etailors! Let's hope it won't be that bad. SS is a great game for relaxing

traesta

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Im totally going to have to go back and play SS1 again just cause I forgot how stress relieving it was, im looking forward to the new one !!!

coolronz

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2008
I've bought every SS game out there so far. SS HD is awesome! Its alot more than just a graphics upgrade. Honestly SS 2 was kind of a dissappointment to me. Hopefully croteam doesnt fumble the ball like they did on SS 2..

Status
Not open for further replies.