Question Confused about my Gigabyte BIOS version

Oct 1, 2024
Hi all,

Mobo: Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX V2

I built a new PC earlier. I've just finished making sure everything is up to date like my drivers and Windows. When I checked BIOS in msinfo32 and ran a windows cmd prompt, these are the outputs:

System info via msinfo32: BIOS Version/Date; American Megatrends International, LLC. F3, 10/01/2024

Windows cmd prompt:

wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion
SMBIOSVERSION
F3

I am a bit confused as per this link, it says F3 was released January 24 2024: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B650-GAMING-X-AX-V2-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios and also I am not sure if the info in msinfo32 is saying the date is 1st October 2024 (US format) or 10th January 2024 (UK format). Even more confused as today is the 1st October 2024, lol!

However msinfo32 and windows cmd prompt DOES say F3, I am guessing I need F32c? Just don't want to update BIOS and have it go wrong, if I don't need to.

Could anybody help? Thanks all,

kanewolf

Titan
Hi all,

Mobo: Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX V2

I built a new PC earlier. I've just finished making sure everything is up to date like my drivers and Windows. When I checked BIOS in msinfo32 and ran a windows cmd prompt, these are the outputs:

System info via msinfo32: BIOS Version/Date; American Megatrends International, LLC. F3, 10/01/2024

Windows cmd prompt:

wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion
SMBIOSVERSION
F3

I am a bit confused as per this link, it says F3 was released January 24 2024: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B650-GAMING-X-AX-V2-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios and also I am not sure if the info in msinfo32 is saying the date is 1st October 2024 (US format) or 10th January 2024 (UK format). Even more confused as today is the 1st October 2024, lol!

However msinfo32 and windows cmd prompt DOES say F3, I am guessing I need F32c? Just don't want to update BIOS and have it go wrong, if I don't need to.

Could anybody help? Thanks all,
Boot the PC and enter the BIOS. Your eyes on the displays of the version in the BIOS is the best answer.

Oct 1, 2024
Boot the PC and enter the BIOS. Your eyes on the displays of the version in the BIOS is the best answer.
This says the same - F3.

I am just going to update to the latest I think. What threw me off was the fact it says F3 released Jan 24 2024, but the dates say 10/01/24 on msinfo!