[SOLVED] Confused with Memory

Sep 19, 2021
Hi, everyone,
I just upgraded to a new computer but I'm not sure if I've got the correct parts to go along with it.
This is what I've got so far.
MB: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2
CPU: Ryzen 3 1200
Memory: (1stick) 32GB DDR4 2400 PC4-19200 2rx4 RDIMM SDRAM
PSU: 600watt
GPU: GTX 1050 Ti 4GB DDR5 128bit (still waiting on delivery)

Previously, I had purchased what I thought was the correct RAM but I wasn't getting anything from the MB nor a posting.
I returned it and read the MB manual and got the memory of 32gb stick DDR4 2400 and now it doesn't beep anymore so I'm assuming its good but won't know until
I get the ordered graphics card next week.

Like I said I followed the specs on the MB but I'm reading online that I need to take the Ryzen RAM specs into consideration so I'm confused if I'm supposed to
follow the MB specs or the CPU specs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, everyone,
I just upgraded to a new computer but I'm not sure if I've got the correct parts to go along with it.
This is what I've got so far.
MB: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2
CPU: Ryzen 3 1200
Memory: (1stick) 32GB DDR4 2400 PC4-19200 2rx4 RDIMM SDRAM
PSU: 600watt
GPU: GTX 1050 Ti 4GB DDR5 128bit (still waiting on delivery)

Previously, I had purchased what I thought was the correct RAM but I wasn't getting anything from the MB nor a posting.
I returned it and read the MB manual and got the memory of 32gb stick DDR4 2400 and now it doesn't beep anymore so I'm assuming its good but won't know until
I get the ordered graphics card next week.

Like I said I followed the specs on the MB but I'm reading online that I need to take the Ryzen RAM specs into consideration so I'm confused if I'm supposed to
follow the MB specs or the CPU specs.

Any help would be appreciated.
RDIMM ram weren't supposed to be supported on normal motherboard, even when the cpu support it.
try a normal UDIMM.

Sep 19, 2021
RDIMM ram weren't supposed to be supported on normal motherboard, even when the cpu support it.
try a normal UDIMM.

Wow, I didn't even know about RDIMM. Thanks for the heads up. Guess I'm returning it.
You mentioned UDIMM is that Unbuffered? So does that mean I should get what it says on line 4 or 5 below if I want the UDIMM?

In the MB manual it says this:
Memory:
  1. 4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 128 GB (32 GB single DIMM capacity) of system memory.
  2. Dual channel memory architecture
  3. Support for DDR4 2933/2667/2400/2133 MHz memory modules
  4. Support for ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
  5. Support for non-ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
  6. Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules (Go to GIGABYTE's website for the latest supported memory speeds and memory modules.