[SOLVED] Connect 2 Monitors with Laptop

Nov 15, 2020
Hi All,

I need some help on how to connect my 2 Dell Monitors with my dell laptop. I am able to connect my laptop to one monitor via HDMI Cable. This give me the extended display i.e having 2 screen available to work with - one on laptop and one on dell monitor
However, I am struggling with how to connect my second monitor so that both monitors are used for display screen and laptop is going to use for computing.

My laptop details and Monitor details is mentioned below

Inspiron 17-7779
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz[Cores 2] [Logical processors 4]
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
https://dl.dell.com/topicspdf/inspiron-17-7779-2-in-1-laptop_setup-guide_en-us.pdf

Dell Monitor model : P2419H

I really appreciate if anyone can help.

TIA

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The 2-in-1 you won will allow you to drive two displays, the only catch here is that while the first display will work off the HDMI, the second display will need to work off the USB Type-C port, which in essence means that you're going to need an USB Type-C to Display port or HDMI adapter.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The 2-in-1 you won will allow you to drive two displays, the only catch here is that while the first display will work off the HDMI, the second display will need to work off the USB Type-C port, which in essence means that you're going to need an USB Type-C to Display port or HDMI adapter.

Reactions: gaurav80
Solution