Connected, No Network Access

ThreeDonkeys

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014
I have tried ipconfig /release, renew, and flushdns. Winsock and netsh as well. DHCP is connected. IPV4 settings are set to automatic.The external network adapter works. I am able to connect to another wifi, but not the one I want. It says connected, no network access. When I use the troubleshooter, it says the wifi doesn't have a valid wifi configuration. I am not about to change anything on any kind of router/modem as the wifi is provided through a third party.

This is the message I get when I try to do ipconfig /release and renew:
"No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection *2 while it has its media disconnected"

I don't know what that is really, but the Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi which is right below it is what I'm using. When I switch wifis, the IPV4 seems to be correct on the one I can use, 192.168... On the one not working for me, it says 169.254.... That is labeled next to autoconfig IPV4 address while the one working is just IPV4. The default gateway is also blank on the messed up one while the good one has 192.168... as well as having "DHCP Server" I went to check on the IPV4 and the bad one is autoconfig with no settings, while the good one has the 192.168... and whatnot.

Also, when I go into System Information and Network. I scroll down to my wifi adapter and it says No right next to DHCP Enabled regardless if I am connected to the good wifi or bad. How do I get this Enabled as this could possibly be the solution. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Any help?

Not really sure what the issue is, but have a couple of things you may try. First off, I would disable and then enable the wireless adapter (Network and Sharing>Change Adapter Settings). This sometimes fixes a broken connection. Next, I would ensure you have selected a Network Connection (Public, Private, etc.) in your Homegroup. Last thing is to update the drivers on your system to make sure you don't have a broken driver.

ThreeDonkeys

Reputable
Aug 24, 2014

I have already done this, does not work.