Connecting 1 cable modem, 2 Static IPs, 2 Routers, 2 Lans

Mar 14, 2018
I have 1 Cable modem and 2 routers that connect to 2 separate Lans. I also have 2 Static IP Addresses from my ISP. If I simply place a switch between the Cable Modem and the 2 routers will the data to be properely routed after I set up the routers with the proper Static IP address. The goal is to have 2 DVRS on one router with remote access and then about 10 computers/devices on the other router connected to their Lan. Is the use of the switch the proper way to setup the configuration?

Thanks, Tom

Solution
That would be proper with two static IPs from your ISP. Set the WAN ports on each of the two routers to the static IP, netmask and gateway provided by the ISP. If you have the routers set to respond to a ping on the WAN, you should be able to ping each of those IPs from your phone (connected to cellular) to validate the connectivity.

kanewolf

Titan
That would be proper with two static IPs from your ISP. Set the WAN ports on each of the two routers to the static IP, netmask and gateway provided by the ISP. If you have the routers set to respond to a ping on the WAN, you should be able to ping each of those IPs from your phone (connected to cellular) to validate the connectivity.

Solution
Mar 14, 2018