[SOLVED] Connecting a diy subwoofer to pc.

firebug11

Reputable
Jul 2, 2016
Hi everyone, Ill start off with a bit of background.

I have a gaming computer with a asrock z170 professional gaming i7 motherboard.
Then i picked up two mackie srm450's for some noise, joined them with a 3.5 xlr splitter cable to the green stereo output so im getting left and right into these two active speakers. I then wanted more bass and these seem to fall off at around 50hz i knew there was the orange out and i got researching. The best bang for my buck was to go diy, and make a beast. I can specify what i made if needed.
But it essentially has a speakon cable out and goes to a 400watt 8ohm power amplifier in bridge mode(prosound 800), which then connects to my computer using a 3.5 to quater inch unbalnced connection into the orange subwoofer out slot.

Know after fiddling for a couple hours i cant seem to get it to work properly. I would really love some help here if anyone has tried this, but i would like to crossover the sound below 100hz to the sub, and have a highpass filter at 17hz to protect it. Anyhelp would be amazing, thank you.

Solution
No, you shouldn't need any sort of amplifier if the srm450's are self powered. Just hang the usb to rca converter out the back of your pc. Plug the red rca in the speaker off to your right and the white rca into the one off to your left. If you can, post pictures of your setup, it sounds like it rocks.

firebug11

Reputable
Jul 2, 2016

jwcrellin

Reputable
No, you shouldn't need any sort of amplifier if the srm450's are self powered. Just hang the usb to rca converter out the back of your pc. Plug the red rca in the speaker off to your right and the white rca into the one off to your left. If you can, post pictures of your setup, it sounds like it rocks.

Solution