Connecting a Tablet display to a PC.

necrokamios

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to be able to connect the display & touchscreen input detection of a tablet display to a PC (not the whole tablet, just its display monitor).

I'm not sure what the common names are of the connection types used for those displays and if there is a suitable conversion to VGA/DVI/HDMI for these devices as well as being able to keep their touchscreen capabilities as displays.

I want to use the touchscreen display as a controller for a rhythm game which I plan on coding for myself. Please consider the OS of the target machine as flexible (Windows/Linux or Mac) if needed.

Is this at all possible? Please advise me.

Solution
Not possible.

There is no way to feed an external video signal in to a tablet, just as there's no way to do it with a laptop either.

Tablets don't have the internal/external connectivity for achieving that, there's no provision for it.

A PC will only recognise the storage within the tablet, nothing else.
Not possible.

There is no way to feed an external video signal in to a tablet, just as there's no way to do it with a laptop either.

Tablets don't have the internal/external connectivity for achieving that, there's no provision for it.

A PC will only recognise the storage within the tablet, nothing else.

Solution

necrokamios

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Hi, thanks for your fast response.

Are you talking in terms of a tablet in terms of its digital display? because I'm talking in terms of low level (aka monitor/ribbon cable connections/conversions to common display adaptors).

So I would be taking apart the tablet to strip it down to its screen and display only (although I assume there may be a necessary connected chip for touchscreen capability/recognition).

If this was your intention in your answer then I appreciate that, I just want to clarify.

I was referring to connecting the tablet screen to a PC without stripping down the tablet internals.

If you want to strip the guts out of it and do some soldering or whatever, that's up to you, it's not my area of expertise.

If you'd mentioned that in your first post I wouldn't have entered in to this discussion.