Question Connecting an additional graphics card to the Getac S410 laptop

Sep 17, 2023
Hello, I need help connecting an additional graphics card to a Getac S410 laptop. An NVIDIA GTX 950M graphics card may have been installed here originally.
There is a free connector to connect, but I don't know the pin-out of the connector. I assume it's just a different kind of PCI-E connection.
Could someone share the pin-out of the connector with me ?

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Very likely that the connector you speak of is for a wireless adapter. What is the SKU to your laptop? Might want to pass on a picture of the connector you're looking at. Host your image on a site like Imgur or their ilk and then pass on the link in this thread.

Sep 17, 2023
I found a picture of a Getac S410 with an Add-on graphics card. The connector is in the lower left corner, the flex cable is connected there. This cable connects the graphics card to the motherboard. The photo also shows the second fan and the cooling of the graphics card. I have the exact same motherboard, including the connector for connecting the graphics card. I believe that the connector is actually only PCI-E, just connected differently than standard, additional cards see the next photo. For example, the Getac B300 has a normal standard PCI-E for connecting a laptop graphics card.

WL1WCH3.jpeg

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-950M.jpg

I found a picture of a Getac S410 with an Add-on graphics card. The connector is in the lower left corner, the flex cable is connected there. This cable connects the graphics card to the motherboard. The photo also shows the second fan and the cooling of the graphics card. I have the exact same motherboard, including the connector for connecting the graphics card. I believe that the connector is actually only PCI-E, just connected differently than standard, additional cards see the next photo. For example, the Getac B300 has a normal standard PCI-E for connecting a laptop graphics card.
It's likely the pin out for that cable or connector doesn't exist on the internet unless Getac publishes these things on their website.

But even then, my original question still stands: even if you knew the pin out, are you going to put together something that can connect a graphics card to it? Do you even have the necessary tools to do this?

Sep 17, 2023
It's likely the pin out for that cable or connector doesn't exist on the internet unless Getac publishes these things on their website.

But even then, my original question still stands: even if you knew the pin out, are you going to put together something that can connect a graphics card to it? Do you even have the necessary tools to do this?
Yes, I have the necessary skills and equipment. Some time ago I made a home made caddy for the Getac B300. I posted a tutorial on YouTube.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUtjjyWMIyc

Sep 17, 2023
I've already thought of everything, all I need is a connector diagram with a description of the individual pins.

I use this board to connect the graphics card (60 pin).

H249aa957c3f641468869672cfe9b535f8.jpg