[SOLVED] Connecting aRGB fans to a mobo with 1 x 4-pin connector ?

Issue Games

Honorable
Jul 26, 2015
So I got a new case it's Antec Nx410 white. It comes with 2 x 140mm aRGB fans in front and 1 x 120mm aRGB fan in rear. My motherboard is Gigabyte H310m s2h and it has 1 x 4-pin header named "sys_fan". Now idk how to connect my fans to the mobo, the connectors are weird looking. Also it's my first time with rbg stuff so.
Rear fan connector:
IMG-20210624-WA0008.jpg

Front fan 1 connector:
IMG-20210624-WA0010.jpg

Front fan 2 connector:
IMG-20210624-WA0012.jpg
front fans has same type of connectors. 1x4pin male +1x4pin female.
Whereas rear fan has 1x4pin male + 1x4pin molex which is male on one side and female on the other side.

Solution
i've seen Antec advertising as including aRGB fans so I would guess there is a way to connect to an aRGB header.
i've used other cases that had a separate 3pin out cable that would run from either an LED hub or directly from the front panel to the motherboard.
then pressing the LED control button a certain amount of times would put it in "mobo control" option where you could use 3rd party control software to set the aRGB LEDs manually.

with no 3pin aRGB or 4pin RGB out, there's really no way to sync them with other devices.
and would seem kind of pointless to use aRGB LEDs but have them stuck at preset patterns\colors.

maybe start a thread on Antec support forums and see if another owner has a definite answer?
it appears the 4pin fan cables are made to be daisy chained together with it ending at the motherboard's 4pin fan header.

while i would imagine the larger 4pin molex cable is to provide power to their LEDs.

but without a proper 3pin aRGB connector, they will not be aRGB.
possibly they have a remote included or connect directly to a front panel controller?

Issue Games

Honorable
Jul 26, 2015
it appears the 4pin fan cables are made to be daisy chained together with it ending at the motherboard's 4pin fan header.

while i would imagine the larger 4pin molex cable is to provide power to their LEDs.

but without a proper 3pin aRGB connector, they will not be aRGB.
possibly they have a remote included or connect directly to a front panel controller?
If I daisy chained them I was left with a single male 4pin, that's what was confusing. So I messaged the seller and he told me to daisy chain them and leave the last remaining 4pin male as it is. Then power them through molex. There was another small cable going into led button on the case from one of the fans. Anyways it worked but they run at fixed speed and the rgb is controlled through the led button on fan.
This is weird tbh. This was never mentioned in either manual or antec official website. It just said "2x140mm +1x 120mm mm fans included". Nothing about it being not able to be connected to mobo

i've seen Antec advertising as including aRGB fans so I would guess there is a way to connect to an aRGB header.
i've used other cases that had a separate 3pin out cable that would run from either an LED hub or directly from the front panel to the motherboard.
then pressing the LED control button a certain amount of times would put it in "mobo control" option where you could use 3rd party control software to set the aRGB LEDs manually.

with no 3pin aRGB or 4pin RGB out, there's really no way to sync them with other devices.
and would seem kind of pointless to use aRGB LEDs but have them stuck at preset patterns\colors.

maybe start a thread on Antec support forums and see if another owner has a definite answer?

Solution

Issue Games

Honorable
Jul 26, 2015

Thanks I will do that and update this post if I get a solution

TRENDING THREADS