Connecting bluetooth headphones to pc

acsawall

Prominent
May 8, 2017
What I'm trying to do is connect a pair of Aftershokz Trekz Titanium Open Ear headphones to my PC. I am using the Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260 card in my PC. The issue is that I can't figure out how to get the Bluetooth to work. It seems that it somehow isn't enabled, so I'm wondering if it's a compatibility issue. Bluetooth categories don't show up in the system tray or device manager. I have the latest driver (BT_20.40.0) and I've tried manually enabling Bluetooth support through services.msc and then restarting to no avail. After much Googling and little luck, I'm back on my favorite pc forum :).

Thanks in advance.

Colif

Win 11 Master
hmm, latest drivers here are 20.50.1 dated Jan 5th 2018 - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75439/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260 (search for windows 10) - I just confirmed it had Bluetooth capability and noticed its same wireless card as my PC has built in.

Does the wireless work?

Is card even showing as an unknown device in Device manager? change view to show hidden devices

what motherboard do you have? Do you have latest bios as perhaps it doesn't know the card is there?

is the Bluetooth on/off choice showing in settings/devices/Bluetooth and other devices?

acsawall

Prominent
May 8, 2017

The wireless does work fine on the card, and it shows up just fine as Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 #2 in the device manager. I have a Gigabyte Gaming Ultra Z270X mobo. As for the Bluetooth setting, there is no on/off choice under the Other Devices category, and a Bluetooth option doesn't even show up in the action center.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Slaps self around for not noticing you already did have latest Bluetooth drivers. Pro Set/Wireless drivers was what is updated to 20.50.1

that #2 after cards description shouldn't really be there.

What brand card is it? I know it has an Intel chip. and its not on the motherboard itself.

The Bluetooth* functionality of the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 will not work if the PC was not designed to use this adapter. The card has two different components that need to be accessed through the same HMC connector, Bluetooth* uses USB and Wi-Fi uses PCIe. If the hardware does not have this capability, Bluetooth* will not be available.
Intel suggests contacting motherboard maker to confirm its compatible

https://communities.intel.com/thread/115083

this might just be for laptops, or it might be you need to disable a USB channel for it to work.