Question Connecting multiple RGB fans

TideWillRoll62

Reputable
Dec 3, 2015
I just bought a Phanteks Eclipse p600s case. I want to install 6 Deepcool RF120 RGB fans. I have an MSI B450 Gaming pro carbon
motherboard. Is it better to have the fans run off the motherboard, or go to the PSU? And are there RGB fan splitters available to connect them all? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first experience with RGB fans.

TideWillRoll62

Reputable
Dec 3, 2015
Thanks for your reply. This is the second gaming PC I've built, but the first RGB experience. I hate to ask so many questions, but the 5 fans I purchased came with 2 hubs and a controller. Can those be used for either hooking the RGB, or the power that goes to the motherboard? I guess that's where I'm stuck. The fact that I have two wires for each fan, and only so many RGB and power ports on the motherboard. Again, I apologize for sounding clueless, but I don't want to screw up an otherwise good PC build, and YouTube videos don't seem to really clarify the actual connection.

TideWillRoll62

Reputable
Dec 3, 2015
Another question. In my case, there is this sata cable labeled 12 volt input, I think it's onboard fan header, but what kind of cable do I need to come from the PSU? Also a USB 3.1 cable. Sorry for so many questions. First time with this stuff.