Question Connecting my RGB Hub to my ASUS ROG Motherboard?

Mar 28, 2024
Hi,

I recently build a new PC, all is good but I can't get my RGB Hub to work with the ASUS Armory Crate Aura Sync software. The case came from MSI and included an RGB Hub (GYPCB-20010-2) that can control the RGB lighting from either a button on the case chassis or via a RGB cable connected to the ADD GEN2_1 (Addressable Gen 2) header on the motherboard.
I am able to control the lighting for all RGB devices attached to the hub via the case switch but the Aura Sync software only changes the lighting on the RGB LED's attached directly to the motherboard. One thought I had was that the RBG hub connector should be connected to the RGB_HEADER header instead of the ADD GEN2_1 header but the hub connector is 3 pin and not 4 pin and will not fit.

I've attached links to images and docs which I hope will help fill in any details I might have missed.

The case is a MSI GUNGNIR 110R
MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI
BIOS is the latest version available V2102 - ROG-STRIX-Z790-F-GAMING-WIFI-ASUS-2102.CAP

Looking forward to some helpful responses.

Thanks, Stuart

RGB Hub
Motherboard layout
Motherboard PDF

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

1| What is the model for your MSI case?
2| What is the model for your motherboard?

RGB and ARGB are two different protocols, they are not interchangeable. That being said an RGB hub will need an RGB header to hook up to while an ARGB hub will need an ARGB header on the motherboard to hook up to.

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

Mar 28, 2024
Wow that was quick! :cool:

The case is an MSI GUNGNIR 110R
MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI
BIOS is the latest version available V2102 - ROG-STRIX-Z790-F-GAMING-WIFI-ASUS-2102.CAP

BIOS was updated yesterday.