[SOLVED] connecting phanteks digital halo to coolermaster controller

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
ok guys

my phanteks digital halo have turned up but only realised the 3 holes in the plug is together but the cooler master plug is 2 pins together then another pin bit away if that makes sense.

question is how do i connect them?

many thanks

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Reactions: froggy8
Solution

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
Phanteks Halos Lux Digital has proprietary Phanteks connector, that will fit only into Phanteks hardware, namely Phanteks RGB controller,
specs: https://phanteks.com/PH-CTHUB_DRGB.html

However, Halos Lux Digital also comes with adapter cable, making the proprietary connector to regular 3-pin ARGB connector, that you can connect directly to your MoBo.
Image: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/media/image/thumbnail/CA07PPT_182016_750x750.jpg
many thanks for that

i never got the the other cable with it, i guess i will have to order that.

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
i might just order the one you linked, better to have spares right?

Well, buying it gets it to you faster since i doubt the store would send the adapter (they may not even have them as separate items). Then again, you could threaten them with false-advertising and their claim of: "it looks like they no longer include the adapter cable but nobody informed us of this", doesn't hold much weight, since as a store, they have to keep an eye on of what they are selling.

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
Well, buying it gets it to you faster since i doubt the store would send the adapter (they may not even have them as separate items). Then again, you could threaten them with false-advertising and their claim of: "it looks like they no longer include the adapter cable but nobody informed us of this", doesn't hold much weight, since as a store, they have to keep an eye on of what they are selling.
yeah, that is what i said to them. it clearly says it is included. they have now took that part off the desription, i should have screenshotted it incase they call me a lier.

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
i would need to get 2 of them wires wont i? as i cant daisy chain 4 halos from one port can i?