[SOLVED] Connecting RGB lighting on the B550 Gaming Plus ?

Deepwaterlife48

Commendable
Nov 5, 2021
i have a b550 gaming plus with 6 sys fan headers, 1 jrbg header, and 2 5v 3 pin arbg headers. i would like to replace the 2 stock 120mm 4 pin fans on the meshify c, with more powerful fans with rgb.
as i understand it, you connect the 4 pin plug to the sys fan headers as normal, but to have colors as well. the 3 pin argb plug either goes to a controller unit such as those by lian li, or corsair, which then goes to one of the 5 volt. 3 pin headers, a usb header and a sata header which connects it to the psu?

Last edited:
Solution
Mind sharing a link to the presumed more powerful RGB fans? Also you might want to look into ARGB/RGB splitters(respectively) by CoolerMaster since you can't use an ARGB splitter/device off of an RGB header nor can you use a RGB device off of an ARGB header. Some people have done it and have damaged their devices or the header on the motherboard.

To consolidate suggestions, are you referring to 4pin as the PWM header on the board? The RGB/ARGB are also 4 pin headers. If so, you can connect 4pin PWM fans to SYS_FAN headers or use a PWM fan hub or splitter and then connect the RGB/ARGB to their respective header on the motherboard. Also, Corsair's ARGB/RGB ecosystem is proprietary as is the same with some devices from...

Lutfij

Titan
Mind sharing a link to the presumed more powerful RGB fans? Also you might want to look into ARGB/RGB splitters(respectively) by CoolerMaster since you can't use an ARGB splitter/device off of an RGB header nor can you use a RGB device off of an ARGB header. Some people have done it and have damaged their devices or the header on the motherboard.

To consolidate suggestions, are you referring to 4pin as the PWM header on the board? The RGB/ARGB are also 4 pin headers. If so, you can connect 4pin PWM fans to SYS_FAN headers or use a PWM fan hub or splitter and then connect the RGB/ARGB to their respective header on the motherboard. Also, Corsair's ARGB/RGB ecosystem is proprietary as is the same with some devices from Lian-Li.

Solution

Deepwaterlife48

Commendable
Nov 5, 2021
my case comes with the fractal design dynamic x2 gp12 fans x2 at 120mm.
i was thinking of possibly putting in 2 of the corsair ll/ql140's in the front, keeping one of the fractals on the back where it is, and moving the other stock one to the top.
till i can add some ll/ql 120/140's. eventually i may have maybe 2 140's on the front, 2 on the top and a 120 on the back.

i was looking at some other brands like the cooler master, antec, phanteks and uphere as well.