Question Connecting TV causes my PC to crash ?

FinalKenpachi

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2015
Hello everyone, sry it's little bit complicated to explain i will try my best to explain short as possible.
I also record quick video you guys can maybe check it out to see the problem.
I have 3 monitors and 1 TV. You guys can see detail of my system below this message.
Whenever i connect my HDMI cable from my TV to the GPU my main monitor doesn't work anymore.
If HDR is Enabled on TV, turning on the TV makes PC crash, even if I try to restart, the PC won't turn on until i unplug the cable.

Sometimes it works. But whenever PC goes Sleep (monitors go off for a while) Than my multi monitor setup got broken again. Main monitor wasn't coming on until i unplug the HDMI cable from the TV.

Here is the weird part. If i unplug the HDMI Cable from TV to the motherboard, GPU has 0 problem. But some reason Games don't like it i cannot increase the resolution to 4k even TV Displays 4k.

Hopefully you guys understand ask me any additional question to figure out whats the problem please and Thank you all!

Here is the PC and everything Specs

CPU: 7950x3d
Motherboard: MSI x670e Carbon Wifi
Ram: Lexar 32GB (2x16GB) ARES RGB DDR5 RAM 7200MT/s CL34 (Expo enabled theyre working at 6000 speed)
CPU, Motherboard and Ram recently upgraded, old system was the same problem.
GPU: Asus 4070ti TUF
PSU: MSI MPG A750GF 750 W Power Supply
TV: Philips Ambilight TV The One 50PUS8808/62 50''
Monitor Main: Samsung ls27cg51x (HDR-165hz)
Second Monitor: e27qhd-g (144hz)
Third Monitor: Msi mp271 (60hz)
TV HDMI Cable: https://www.amazon.com.tr/dp/B0C2W4BL6V
Was have different HDMI cable cheaper price but same result.

Short youtube video.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbm6p_E4ltA

If HDR is Enabled on TV, turning on the TV makes PC crash, even if I try to restart, the PC won't turn on until i unplug the cable.
Here is the weird part. If i unplug the HDMI Cable from TV to the motherboard, GPU has 0 problem.
We had the same mini nightmare your describing.

Three years back never a glitch on my sons computer. I bought him a 65 inch 4k TV that he as well hooks up to his PC.

Than the calls, dad can you swing by my place and see what's up between PC and TV.

Here the short version it was Windows 10 and HDR + TV that was the issue.

He was so angry over the same issue your having but we dug down and now fixed.
Two things we did on the day Windows 11 released grab it and installed the new OS and two even though we had just bought him a high end HDMI 4k video cable it seems he needed a higher bandwidth cable.

Will this help you IDK but if your running Windows 10 that's where we were hitting the wall and 11 fixed it.

FinalKenpachi

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2015
We had the same mini nightmare your describing.

Three years back never a glitch on my sons computer. I bought him a 65 inch 4k TV that he as well hooks up to his PC.

Than the calls, dad can you swing by my place and see what's up between PC and TV.

Here the short version it was Windows 10 and HDR + TV that was the issue.

He was so angry over the same issue your having but we dug down and now fixed.
Two things we did on the day Windows 11 released grab it and installed the new OS and two even though we had just bought him a high end HDMI 4k video cable it seems he needed a higher bandwidth cable.

Will this help you IDK but if your running Windows 10 that's where we were hitting the wall and 11 fixed it.
Thanks for the answer, im already using Windows 11. The part that i don't understand same Cable working without problem at Motherboard HDMI port. Also it's not only HDR problem. PC won't crash anymore without HDR enabled on windows setting for TV but still my multi monitor setting messing up every time i restart pc or re-open. Unless im unplugging HDMI cable from TV on my GPU.

TRENDING THREADS