[SOLVED] Connection issues for my mouse (2.4Ghz USB receiver) and my earbuds (Bluetooth 5.0 USB Adapter)

Jakepoong

Reputable
Oct 6, 2016
Hi guys, want to ask about the connection issues of 2.4Ghz and Bluetooth USB adapter.
I have a wireless mouse which come with its own 2.4Ghz USB adapter and I tries plugging it in front and behind of my PC, but when gaming, it will somehow lose connections for few seconds.
Same goes to my Bluetooth USB adapter where I use it for my Wireless Earbuds (Bluetooth 5.0).
Could distance be the issue here ? Where the distance between my adapter and device is too far?
OR overheat issue? For my Bluetooth USB Adapter only as I plugged in the front of my PC (On top to be exact) and the fan for the front of my PC is Outflow (Where the hot air blows out to the front and go up, which heated up my Bluetooth Adapter).
Or any other ideas regarding this issues? Sorry for bad english.

Not sure if this will help but, for the illustration for the position of my PC (which i place horizontally on the table), can refer to this drawing (Ignore for bad drawing haha): View: https://imgur.com/a/TcO6VPF

Last edited:
Solution
Find the official drivers and install them even if you have windows 10.
If it doesn't help then try changing the usb ports and check the signal.
If you still have problems check your motherboard for issues,make sure that you have the latest gpu/motherboard drivers and check for malwares.

Jakepoong

Reputable
Oct 6, 2016
Hi guys, want to ask about the connection issues of 2.4Ghz and Bluetooth USB adapter.
I have a wireless mouse which come with its own 2.4Ghz USB adapter and I tries plugging it in front and behind of my PC, but when gaming, it will somehow lose connections for few seconds.
Same goes to my Bluetooth USB adapter where I use it for my Wireless Earbuds (Bluetooth 5.0).
Could distance be the issue here ? Where the distance between my adapter and device is too far?
OR overheat issue? For my Bluetooth USB Adapter only as I plugged in the front of my PC (On top to be exact) and the fan for the front of my PC is Outflow (Where the hot air blows out to the front and go up, which heated up my Bluetooth Adapter).
Or any other ideas regarding this issues? Sorry for bad english.

Not sure if this will help but, for the illustration for the position of my PC (which i place horizontally on the table), can refer to this drawing (Ignore for bad drawing haha):
View: https://imgur.com/a/TcO6VPF

Lutfij

Titan
If the adapters/BlueTooth connectivity is disrupted when your system is taxed, I think the issue is either;
your PSU
your USB ports
or your drivers

You might want to state the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing and the age of the PSU.

If your specs are in your sig space, please find it in your heart to list them in your thread's body. Sig space specs can and will change over time, when that happens any suggestions/solutions made in this thread will end up being irrelevant to a user in the same boat as you.

Jakepoong

Reputable
Oct 6, 2016
If the adapters/BlueTooth connectivity is disrupted when your system is taxed, I think the issue is either;
your PSU
your USB ports
or your drivers

You might want to state the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing and the age of the PSU.

If your specs are in your sig space, please find it in your heart to list them in your thread's body. Sig space specs can and will change over time, when that happens any suggestions/solutions made in this thread will end up being irrelevant to a user in the same boat as you.

This is my spec:
CPU: i5-6600K
Motherboard: Asus Z170S Sabertooth (BIOS 3801)
Ram: 16GB 2133Mhz DDR4
SSD/HDD: 128GB OEM PCIE SSD + 2TB Toshiba HDD
GPU: Zotac GTX970
PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W (3-4 Years Old)
Chassis: NZXT S340 Elite

And what do you mean by taxed?
The connectivity is fine when Im not playing games (When Im in a meeting or listening songs)
But when I start playing games (Apex Legends), my connectivity will be disrupted, both my Mouse (2.4Ghz USB Adapter) and Earbuds (Bluetooth 5.0 Adapter by Orico) regardless front ports or rear ports Im using.

ItsGamingTube

Prominent
Jun 18, 2021
Find the official drivers and install them even if you have windows 10.
If it doesn't help then try changing the usb ports and check the signal.
If you still have problems check your motherboard for issues,make sure that you have the latest gpu/motherboard drivers and check for malwares.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS