Question Connection timing out in online games

Jan 9, 2022
Hello,

I'm having an issue when joining games online where the connection times out around a minute or two of joining servers. Now I've only had this happen recently after upgrading my computer. I've listed the changes below, but I upgraded my CPU and in turn upgraded to a new motherboard with integrated WiFi, as well as upgrading my RAM. My internet situation is unfortunate; where I live currently, I'm not able to get internet out here and have to use internet from a hotspot on my tablet (not preferred, but I don't really have a choice at the moment). While my internet isn't the fastest, I was usually able to join games at a 70-100 ping average with very little lag (if any), but now I can't seem to join most game's servers without getting timed out.

I have updated my drivers and tried connecting with my previous WiFi adapter and still encountering this problem.

I haven't had this issue until now so I'm wondering if it had something to do with my recent upgrades.

Current PC specs:
CPU: Intel i5-8400 6 Core 2.8 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte B365M DS3h WiFi (Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 2168)
16 GB RAM

ipconfig/all

Previous specs:
CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5 GHz Dual-Core Processor
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX
WiFi: Qualcomm Atheros AR938x Wireless Network Adapter
8 GB RAM

Help is appreciated, thank you!

Did you go through all of the Control Panel Power Options to make sure everything is set to High Performance and Maximum Performance? Also did you go through the Device Manager settings for your wifi, usb and network adapters and make sure the Power Management option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is NOT checked?

I upgraded my CPU and in turn upgraded to a new motherboard with integrated WiFi, as well as upgrading my RAM.
You replaced motherboard.
Did you reinstall windows after that?

If you try to skip reinstallation of windows, expect some/all of following issues
boot mode compatibility - system doesn't boot system,​
drivers compatibility - bsods, crashes, bad performance,​
windows activation issues.​

Jan 9, 2022
Did you go through all of the Control Panel Power Options to make sure everything is set to High Performance and Maximum Performance? Also did you go through the Device Manager settings for your wifi, usb and network adapters and make sure the Power Management option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is NOT checked?

Yes, I unchecked those while trying to figure out the issue, did not change.

You replaced motherboard.
Did you reinstall windows after that?

If you try to skip reinstallation of windows, expect some/all of following issues
boot mode compatibility - system doesn't boot system,​
drivers compatibility - bsods, crashes, bad performance,​
windows activation issues.​

I haven't reinstalled, yet at least, due to my internet situation. I may once I visit a friend/relative to play with that has better internet.