Question Connector port not working

Apr 18, 2023
I would like to know if there is a way to use a cabled connection instead of wi-fi without using the port where the cable goes in. It is not working and the fix is expensive so maybe there is a cheaper solution??

Rathnhake

Reputable
Jan 8, 2020
I'll assume you have tried basic things like trying with a different cable (one that you know it works), drivers updated and adapters enabled, alongside optimizations like EEE and power management.

In case you know for sure the port is broken then any usb 3.0 ethernet adapter will work (try to get a 1 10/100/1000Mbps model).

Reactions: JonIsStuckz
Apr 18, 2023
I'll assume you have tried basic things like trying with a different cable (one that you know it works), drivers updated and adapters enabled, alongside optimizations like EEE and power management.

In case you know for sure the port is broken then any usb 3.0 ethernet adapter will work (try to get a 1 10/100/1000Mbps model).
Yes, the problem is too expensive to do it, for the price I can buy a new laptop.... Will the adapter act as a port and work just like if it was connected to it instead??

Rathnhake

Reputable
Jan 8, 2020
Yes, the problem is too expensive to do it, for the price I can buy a new laptop.... Will the adapter act as a port and work just like if it was connected to it instead??
Exactly, in the case of an old laptop the replacement often times is not worth it (sometimes they replace the mother) so if you're looking for an easy workaround then the adapter will work just fine.

Reactions: JonIsStuckz