[SOLVED] Consistent and Constant WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR Causing PC Crashes

bchen_16

Prominent
Jul 7, 2019
Hello everyone,

I'm just going to cut straight to the problem here.

Problem...

Ever since January 1, 2021, my PC has been encountering consistent WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR which is causing BSOD, what a great way to start 2021.

It's been happening every time I launch into GTA 5 story mode where the screen goes from the artworks to the sky camera and down to the character. PC would freeze and BSOD during the process. I would hear a brief COIL whine from the GPU and then the system would crash

It's also been happening randomly when I'm playing R6 Siege for an extended amount of time ~1-2 hours.

So far it seems to be only happening in games.

Things I've tried...

Downgrading my Windows to 2004 from 20H2, as it was recently installed on 12/29/2020, doesn't fix it.

I've reset all my hardware settings in BIOS (except I turned Asus MCE off in BIOS because technically that's not factory Intel), and Afterburner.

Run Prime95(smallest FFT) and Furmark for an hour at the same time to test for possible PSU issues (both @ stock settings). During of which the CPU pulled max of 180W and GPU pulled max of 370W (measured in HWMonitor)

Changing Windows power plan to Balanced.

Changing the drives of the games installed.

Thing I know that are in check...

Temps for both CPU and GPU are in control, CPU max during Prime95 was ~80c and GPU was ~77c during Furmark

Recent Changes to the System..

Windows was updated from 2004 to 20H2

I played around with some of the power plan settings and fast startup out of curiosity

I installed a new 3090 into the system, and a new NVME ssd both of which were done before system upgrade and power plan changes

PC Specs before the BSODs...

i9-9900K OC to 5.1GHZ @ 1.320 Volts, LLC @ LVL7, AVX offset @ 0
Corsair 360mm AIO
Asus Maximus XI Code
MSI Gaming X Trio 3090
16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3600mhz CL16
EVGA Supernova G3 750W
2NVME SSDs
1HDD

All components except the GPU and 1 of the NVME ssd are from June 2019 roughly 1.5years old.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED