[SOLVED] Consistent internet disconnection but only for some programs

Nov 2, 2019
About every 30 minutes, Google Chrome, Blizzard, and discord will disconnect from internet and say there is none, but other programs/games such as minecraft will not. For example, lots of times when I play minecraft discord will disconnect and say there is no internet for about 5 minutes and then reconnect while minecraft remains connected. Ive been playing a lot of MW, and I get disconnected from online games constantly.

Specs:
Intel Core I5-7500 CPU #.5 GHz
16 GB ram
Windows 10 64 bit
Geforce GTX 1050ti
router:technicolor TC8717T
wifi card- asus PCE-AC68

let me know what other specs i should post, any help would be appreciated.
I am connected using a wifi card, ive tried reinstalling the drivers and the card itself, didnt work
also did a scan using SuperAntiSpyware, did not help

Solution
Look in Reliability History for error codes and warnings that correspond to the disconnects.

Use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system performance while doing things or playing games that do not cause disconnects.

Then again use Task Manager or Resource monitor to observe system performance while doing things or playing games that do cause disconnects.

You may be able to spot some resource conflict or bottleneck.

What PSU is installed in your computer: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History for error codes and warnings that correspond to the disconnects.

Use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system performance while doing things or playing games that do not cause disconnects.

Then again use Task Manager or Resource monitor to observe system performance while doing things or playing games that do cause disconnects.

You may be able to spot some resource conflict or bottleneck.

What PSU is installed in your computer: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Solution