Consistent Lag Spikes in Fortnite BR (PC)

Jun 24, 2018
For the past few weeks Fortnite has been almost unplayable for me. I know it is not my internet i am using Ethernet and because when i do ping checks it's always in the low 40's but when i get on Fortnite, my ping goes from 30 or 40 to 150 to upper 200's then back down again and that repeats over and over again. I have reinstalled the game, i have verified files, and i'm on my wits end now. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THIS ISSUE!

Also, does anyone else experience more lag spikes when the play cross-platform? I've noticed this happening recently especially. I play on pc but with PS4 players and I clearly have more lag issues with them.

ahs89

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
There are many methods like changing your connection from wireless to wired also you can consider this article which got some tips and trick to improve your gameplay.

https://www.killping.com/blog/ways-to-workaround-fortnite-lag/

Jun 24, 2018

I'm already on wired but i'm lagging the most when i play cross-platform it seems like. I lag less often when i'm on solo but as of the post i just recently had a very lagy game. I don't know hat to do....i just wanna play without stuttering constantly.