Question Constant BSOD after Windows 10 install ?

killamariii

Reputable
May 2, 2020
I have been having trouble with constant BSOD. I have reinstalled windows 10 multiple times via USB.
I have also used Memtester86 on two sets of RAM and both came back clean.
Updated BIOS and reset all settings to default.
I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance on why this is happening and any possible solutions.
Here is a link to the dumps, link

ubuysa

Distinguished
Taken collectively the dumps do strongly suggest a RAM issue. However, since you seem to have tried two different sets we can probably discount that, as long as you're certain the RAM you used was compatible with your motherboard of course.

Since the problem persists across reinstalls, and assuming that you were careful to install all the necessary drivers - WITHOUT using a third-party driver search tool - then this is almost certainly a hardware problem. Have you properly installed all drivers?

I would suggest that you next download and run Prime95. This will stress test your CPU (and you RAM to some extent), and this will make your CPU run hot. You'll also need a real-time temperature monitor (something like CoreTemp or HWMonitor) to keep an eye on CPU temps. Be sure your PC is clean internally (especially the fans) and place it somewhere where it will get a good airflow.

Run all three Prime95 tests (small FFTs, large FFTs, and Blend) one at a time. Run each test for about 4 hours at least. If Prime95 generates errors, if the system BSODs or crashes, or if the CPU gets too hot, then stop the test and let us know what happened. A good CPU should be able to run all three tests for at least 4 hours - it will get hot, but it's shouldn't fail.

killamariii

Reputable
May 2, 2020
Taken collectively the dumps do strongly suggest a RAM issue. However, since you seem to have tried two different sets we can probably discount that, as long as you're certain the RAM you used was compatible with your motherboard of course.

Since the problem persists across reinstalls, and assuming that you were careful to install all the necessary drivers - WITHOUT using a third-party driver search tool - then this is almost certainly a hardware problem. Have you properly installed all drivers?

I would suggest that you next download and run Prime95. This will stress test your CPU (and you RAM to some extent), and this will make your CPU run hot. You'll also need a real-time temperature monitor (something like CoreTemp or HWMonitor) to keep an eye on CPU temps. Be sure your PC is clean internally (especially the fans) and place it somewhere where it will get a good airflow.

Run all three Prime95 tests (small FFTs, large FFTs, and Blend) one at a time. Run each test for about 4 hours at least. If Prime95 generates errors, if the system BSODs or crashes, or if the CPU gets too hot, then stop the test and let us know what happened. A good CPU should be able to run all three tests for at least 4 hours - it will get hot, but it's shouldn't fail.
Hey thanks for the reply. So I stared Prime95 small FFTs and immediately worker #5 test 1 got a fatal error and stopped running.
(Test 1 [thread 1 of 2] passed and Test 1 [thread 2 of 2] passed, the fatal error: rounding was 0.5 expected less than 0.4.)
Going to leave the test running and will update if I encounter any more errors.

I also felt like I should mention the parts I have as well if that will help,
GPU: RTX 3060 ti
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 with NZXT Kraken
RAM: 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V series (2 x 16GB) 3200 MHz but running at 2133 with xmp disabled
MB: Gigabyte b450m ds3h wifi
PSU: Apevia 600W (could be the issue?)

Thank you.

killamariii

Reputable
May 2, 2020
Hey thanks for the reply. So I stared Prime95 small FFTs and immediately worker #5 test 1 got a fatal error and stopped running.
(Test 1 [thread 1 of 2] passed and Test 1 [thread 2 of 2] passed, the fatal error: rounding was 0.5 expected less than 0.4.)
Going to leave the test running and will update if I encounter any more errors.

I also felt like I should mention the parts I have as well if that will help,
GPU: RTX 3060 ti
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 with NZXT Kraken
RAM: 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V series (2 x 16GB) 3200 MHz but running at 2133 with xmp disabled
MB: Gigabyte b450m ds3h wifi
PSU: Apevia 600W (could be the issue?)

Thank you.
Okay so I just ran the Blend on Prime95 and got BSOD. CPU was hitting a max temp of 75c.
Going to re-run the test with the different set of RAM I have (corsair vengeance lpx 32gb (2x16gb) ddr4 2133mhz).
In the meantime, here is new the BSOD dump, link

ubuysa

Distinguished
It's not possible to say that the recent dump is a CPU problem, but there are no third-party drivers involved and the page fault occurs in a Microsoft driver. That you're seeing Prime95 errors and BSOD does suggest that the problem is the CPU.