Question Constant BSOD caused by SynTP.sys, need help urgently

AidenLJ

Prominent
Dec 24, 2021
I'm currently using an HP 15-BA009DX laptop running Windows 10 version 2004, version 10.0.19041.1466. Everything was functioning properly until yesterday when I noticed that my system initiated an upgrade to version 22H2. I currently have a crucial 1TB SATA SSD. Unfortunately, during the upgrade process, I accidentally restarted my laptop. As a result, I encountered a BSOD with an error caused by SynTP.sys. The specific stop code displayed was "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA." To address the issue, I took several steps to resolve the problem. First, I created a bootable USB and accessed the Windows Recovery Environment (RE). From there, I attempted various command prompts and even tried entering safe mode. However, regardless of the method I used, my laptop continued to reboot into the BSOD caused by the touchpad driver.

It's worth noting that I don't actively use the touchpad driver, and I even disconnected the ribbon cable to disable it physically. However, I neglected to uninstall the driver software before removing the cable. In an effort to rectify the situation, I manually deleted the affected driver through the command prompt. Unfortunately, even after taking this action, the BSOD issue persists. At this point, my primary concern is preserving my personal files. I would greatly appreciate any assistance in resolving this problem without losing any of my data.

Here's my CBS.log file: CBS

Last edited:

ubuysa

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
Unfortunately, during the upgrade process, I accidentally restarted my laptop.
In which case it's anybody's guess what state youir Windows system is in. Personally I think trying to troubleshoot this is futile because you have no idea at all what was damaged by the restart nor how badly. I would reinstall if it were mine. Even it you do stop it BSODing you'll never be able to trust that OS again.

AidenLJ

Prominent
Dec 24, 2021
In which case it's anybody's guess what state youir Windows system is in. Personally I think trying to troubleshoot this is futile because you have no idea at all what was damaged by the restart nor how badly. I would reinstall if it were mine. Even it you do stop it BSODing you'll never be able to trust that OS again.
How would I reinstall OS? I did the USB method and I chose in in-place upgrade, I get hit it with a compatibility report, I want to leave my files and programs intact.