Question Constant BSOD - driver_power_state_failure, but only when external SSD is plugged in

Sep 26, 2024
I'm almost certain it has to do with the new SSD I purchased recently. The new SSD works fine. Sometimes my PC goes days without the BSOD happening. Sometimes it won't even make it to 30 minutes. It always says "driver_power_state_failure".

I checked bluescreenview and it seems to be saying the culprit is ntoskrnl.exe, but I don't know what that means. I could also see that the logs blame my Intel(R) Bluetooth Driver, but I am not sure how to go about actually addressing that, or if anything else could be the culprit. I am praying that this is just a simple software issue that would just take me a few clicks to fix. I maintain my PC fairly well. I've tried everything I could find via the first few pages of Google.

Is there a better way for me to find out exactly why this issue is happening, or do I just blame the external SSD and move on?

I work from home and spend a lot of time at my PC, so this has been really killing me. Thanks, for anyone reading.