Question Constant BSODs ?

Oct 5, 2024
This is in regards to my son's PC. For the past few weeks it's constantly blue screens with different errors everytime. It just does it out of random, I did a fresh install of windows 10 and it still does it. I tried only 1 stick of ram and ran memtest86 and no problems, but when I go into windows it will still crash. I've tried a news SSD with fresh windows 10 and same thing. Haven't added new hardware just starting bsod. Any ideas? I've spent 2 whole days on it and am thinking either motherboard or cpu? Specs are below

Specs
Mobo: Asrock B450m Pro4
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: GTX 1070 Ti
RAM: 32GB Silicon Power DDR4 3200
PSU: EVGA 650B

This was built around 3 years ago and everything but the RAM was used.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Asrock B450m Pro4
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Speaking of BIOS, can you remain in BIOS indefinitely or do you see a reboot?

EVGA 650B
You might want to see if you can source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built 650W PSU for your build, from your neighbor/friend and see if the issue is alleviated.

Can you get into Safe Mode?

I've spent 2 whole days on it and am thinking either motherboard or cpu?
If you think it's the CPU, drop your CPU onto a known working motherboard(with the right BIOS version) and see if the issue is replicated. Likewise drop a known working CPU onto your motherboard's socket(provided you have the right BIOS version for said CPU) and see if the issue persists, that way you can rul e out your motherboard as the root cause of the issue though if you're going through memtest86 without a hitch, then the issue is your OS/the driver you installed.

Speaking of driver, did you install the OS in offline mode?

Oct 5, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Asrock B450m Pro4
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Speaking of BIOS, can you remain in BIOS indefinitely or do you see a reboot?

EVGA 650B
You might want to see if you can source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built 650W PSU for your build, from your neighbor/friend and see if the issue is alleviated.

Can you get into Safe Mode?

I've spent 2 whole days on it and am thinking either motherboard or cpu?
If you think it's the CPU, drop your CPU onto a known working motherboard(with the right BIOS version) and see if the issue is replicated. Likewise drop a known working CPU onto your motherboard's socket(provided you have the right BIOS version for said CPU) and see if the issue persists, that way you can rul e out your motherboard as the root cause of the issue though if you're going through memtest86 without a hitch, then the issue is your OS/the driver you installed.

Speaking of driver, did you install the OS in offline mode?
Bios is the latest I just updated it and I can stay in bios. Unfortunately I would need to buy a psu, motherboard and cpu to test the current parts I have ( I have the same parts in my computer but unfortunately it's hardline Watercooled and would be a pain in the rear to remove everything). Yes I installed the os offline to avoid the Microsoft account forced login but then updated to the newest version.

Last edited:

ubuysa

Distinguished
Can you please download the SysnativeBSODCollectionApp and save it to the Desktop. Then run it and upload the resulting zip file to a cloud service with a link to it here. The SysnativeBSODCollectionApp collects all the troubleshooting data we're likely to need. It DOES NOT collect any personally identifying data. It's used by several highly respected Windows help forums (including this one). I'm a senior BSOD analyst on the Sysnative forum where this tool came from, so I know it to be safe.

You can of course look at what's in the zip file before you upload it, most of the files are txt files. Please don't change or delete anything though. If you want a description of what each file contains you'll find that here.

Oct 5, 2024
Can you please download the SysnativeBSODCollectionApp and save it to the Desktop. Then run it and upload the resulting zip file to a cloud service with a link to it here. The SysnativeBSODCollectionApp collects all the troubleshooting data we're likely to need. It DOES NOT collect any personally identifying data. It's used by several highly respected Windows help forums (including this one). I'm a senior BSOD analyst on the Sysnative forum where this tool came from, so I know it to be safe.

You can of course look at what's in the zip file before you upload it, most of the files are txt files. Please don't change or delete anything though. If you want a description of what each file contains you'll find that here.
https://fastupload.io/e56ce391574b207d weird thing is as soon as test was done it crashed again

Last edited:

ubuysa

Distinguished
I can see from the dumps that they all occurred with only one RAM stick installed, however it appears you had that one stick in the A1 slot on two of the dumps (slot 1) and in the B1 slot in two other dumps (B1) - the RAM data isn't included in the other dump. If you check your motherboard manual (page 21) you'll see that with a single stick installed it must be in slot A2. I would try again with a single RAM stick but ensure that it's in slot A2 (slot 2).

The dumps taken collectively do look rather like they could be RAM related, so it's important to run with one stick for a while - in the correct slot (it can make a difference on some boards). If it BSODs again (using slot A2) then please run the Sysnative data collection app again and upload the new output file.

Oct 5, 2024
I can see from the dumps that they all occurred with only one RAM stick installed, however it appears you had that one stick in the A1 slot on two of the dumps (slot 1) and in the B1 slot in two other dumps (B1) - the RAM data isn't included in the other dump. If you check your motherboard manual (page 21) you'll see that with a single stick installed it must be in slot A2. I would try again with a single RAM stick but ensure that it's in slot A2 (slot 2).

The dumps taken collectively do look rather like they could be RAM related, so it's important to run with one stick for a while - in the correct slot (it can make a difference on some boards). If it BSODs again (using slot A2) then please run the Sysnative data collection app again and upload the new output file.
I ran the test with all the ram sticks installed.