Constant crashing with EVGA 04G-P4-3778-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 770 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready

cbonde

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
EVGA 04G-P4-3778-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 770 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Dual Classified with EVGA ACX Cooler Video Card

Hello. I would really appreciate it if I could get some help with this issue. Pretty much any game I play now will crash with this 0x00000116 error. Sometimes it might take awhile to crash, but more often than not now I barely load the game and the crash occurs. I have (not in this particular order)
Downgraded video drivers
Upgrade video drivers
Done a complete driver removal and replaced
Blown out any dust in computer case and reseated video card and wiring
Moved video card to new slot
Ran MemTest for hours with no errors
Run FurMark GPU Stress Test - crashes immediately, same 0x0116 error

When I would move the card to a new slot, or blow it out and re-seat the card, it could go days or even 2 weeks without a crash, but inevitably it will start with one crash in a game, then more, then crash every time I launch a game, then get to the point where it will crash just sitting doing nothing.

I am at the end of my rope. Do I RMA this video card? Or is there something else I can do?

Speccy view of my video card, no heat issues.
Speccy View

System specs (generated by Speccy)
System Specs

This is BlueScreen view showing many, many crashes all on the same files: dxgkrnl.sys+5d140
Bluescreen

Here is the latest memory dump file
Memory Dump

Thank you in advance for any help,

Ceci

Solution
dxgkrnl.sys is the GPU problem, that related to PSU, GPU or MB (pcie slot).
1) update the BIOS, and chipset driver from asus. http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P6X58D_Premium/HelpDesk_Download/
2) What is your PSU? because you don't post it, if the PSU doesn't have enough Amp on the +12V rail (600W with 42A on the +12V rail for gtx770), and it will cause the problem. If your PSU can handle the gtx770, and try the gpu in the 2nd pcie slot too.
3) Maybe the gtx770 has problem ,if you have other PC try it. If the gtx770 do the same in other PC, that means the gtx770 has problem, RMA it.
dxgkrnl.sys is the GPU problem, that related to PSU, GPU or MB (pcie slot).
1) update the BIOS, and chipset driver from asus. http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P6X58D_Premium/HelpDesk_Download/
2) What is your PSU? because you don't post it, if the PSU doesn't have enough Amp on the +12V rail (600W with 42A on the +12V rail for gtx770), and it will cause the problem. If your PSU can handle the gtx770, and try the gpu in the 2nd pcie slot too.
3) Maybe the gtx770 has problem ,if you have other PC try it. If the gtx770 do the same in other PC, that means the gtx770 has problem, RMA it.

Solution

Ailbe

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Answering for Ceci as she is out today.
1)The BIOS, chipset etc are all up to date. This system is 4 and a half years old, no new update has been put out for quite some time.
2) PSU is Sparkle Gold GW-EPS1250DA - 1250 watt ATX12v psu. So, should be plenty juice for this system. As she stated earlier the GPU was placed in another slot after a lot of other troubleshooting was done.
3) Unfortunately don't have another PC that can support this card.

So, is the suggestion that it is the card? Is there other troubleshooting that can be done? Totally open to suggestions, this PC is basically not useable right now, it is back to crashing sometimes just loading Windows. Anything graphically intense is out of the question, although it does seem if we let it sit for awhile, several hours, it allows gaming for awhile...