Question Constant internet crash on second router

Devin latulippe

Prominent
Dec 4, 2019
Hello, i use frontier and we have two routers (one for the living room and one for the computer room) and i have my gaming pc and my dads work pc in the computer room. But every half hour both our computers drop connection and than comes back on a few seconds later, for him he doesnt notice because all he does is internet browsing and watches youtube, but for me its a hassle, im usually playing competitive games and its a pain to constanstly drop connection every 20 or so minutes. Idk if its our computers. The router, or our internet in general.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello, i use frontier and we have two routers (one for the living room and one for the computer room) and i have my gaming pc and my dads work pc in the computer room. But every half hour both our computers drop connection and than comes back on a few seconds later, for him he doesnt notice because all he does is internet browsing and watches youtube, but for me its a hassle, im usually playing competitive games and its a pain to constanstly drop connection every 20 or so minutes. Idk if its our computers. The router, or our internet in general.
It is possible that the DHCP lease time is too short. Check that on both routers. Is the second router configured as a WIFI access point or is it configured as a router?
Which port does the ethernet cable from the first router connect to (LAN or WAN) ?

Devin latulippe

Prominent
Dec 4, 2019
It is possible that the DHCP lease time is too short. Check that on both routers. Is the second router configured as a WIFI access point or is it configured as a router?
Which port does the ethernet cable from the first router connect to (LAN or WAN) ?
How do i check if the DhCP lease is to short? i know a good amount about conputers not routers lmao

Devin latulippe

Prominent
Dec 4, 2019
Hello, I've been using frontier for around 3 or so years. We decided to switch and ever since i've been asking why, But recently its gotten worse. Constant internet cuttouts. Ive tried the main router and the secondary one and than my access point internet adapter upstairs for my room. But no one will do anything in my house because im the only person who needs constant internet access. I've tried changing the DCHP lease time to 12 hours. Nothing, 24 hours, nothing. Ive rebooted and everything and im at a loss on what to do. My main router is Arris Frontier NVG468MQ 802.11AC WIFI AND MOCA2.0 802.11ac Router. My second router is Air 4920 1600 Mbps 3x3 802.11ac + 2x2 802.11n Wireless Mesh Extender. And the wife extender for my room is NETGEAR Wifi Range Extender EX3700 . Something i've noticed on the logs for our network is everytime the internet cuts out there are certian logs saying Failed assertion at: IGMP_Rcv line ####

Devin latulippe

Prominent
Dec 4, 2019
Hello, I've been using frontier for around 3 or so years. We decided to switch and ever since i've been asking why, But recently its gotten worse. Constant internet cuttouts. Ive tried the main router and the secondary one and than my access point internet adapter upstairs for my room. But no one will do anything in my house because im the only person who needs constant internet access. I've tried changing the DCHP lease time to 12 hours. Nothing, 24 hours, nothing. Ive rebooted and everything and im at a loss on what to do. My main router is Arris Frontier NVG468MQ 802.11AC WIFI AND MOCA2.0 802.11ac Router. My second router is Air 4920 1600 Mbps 3x3 802.11ac + 2x2 802.11n Wireless Mesh Extender. And the wife extender for my room is NETGEAR Wifi Range Extender EX3700 . Something i've noticed on the logs for our network is everytime the internet cuts out there are certian logs saying Failed assertion at: IGMP_Rcv line ####

Since you list the remote devices as "mesh extenders". How are you connecting the main router to these remote routers. Are you using a ethernet cable or wifi.

If it is wifi it really is no different that running your pc on wifi back to the main router. You suffer the same issues on games when there is any wifi connection in the path. It is even worse if your pc is connected to the extender with a second wifi connection.