Question Constant RED & YELLOW LED on the motherboard ?

May 28, 2024
Issue: Constant RED & YELLOW LED on the motherboard and PC is not even booting to BIOS.

New Hardware used in test:

MBD: MSI B650 Tomahawk WiFi

CPU: Ryzen 7800X3D

RAM: 4 x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 EXPO

Old hardware used in test:

PSU: Corsair RM 750X – Works in current setup

Case: Fractal Meshify 2 – No issues in current setup

What I’ve tried [Every setup has been given 40 min of possible memory training time]:

• Updated BIOS: 7D75v1J and 7D75v1I [2024-08-09/2024-06-13]
  • Reset CMOS: short JBAT1 for 10 sec, removed CMOS battery for 10/20 min
  • Tried RAM configs: All four sticks tried in A2
  • CPU change 2 x 7800X3D
  • No science: held down “Flash Bios” for different extends of time.

Service:

MSI B650 Tomahawk motherboard has been to service where they concluded no faults but they didn't give me any documentation as that is something they don't do.

I really hope someone out there can suggest possible solutions.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2024
HI, When I bought a new computer with an msi motherboard and ddr5 memory, I had the same issue, the solution is to wait just a couple minutes, in my case I had to wait almost 120 seconds, and then the computer will boot on its own, just turn it on you'll notice the red and yellow leds, wait a couple minutes then the leds will turn off then a green led will turn on then your computer will boot and with time It will get better till it's going to be almost instantaneous. Just be patient.

May 28, 2024
HI, When I bought a new computer with an msi motherboard and ddr5 memory, I had the same issue, the solution is to wait just a couple minutes, in my case I had to wait almost 120 seconds, and then the computer will boot on its own, just turn it on you'll notice the red and yellow leds, wait a couple minutes then the leds will turn off then a green led will turn on then your computer will boot and with time It will get better till it's going to be almost instantaneous. Just be patient.
Every setup i've tried, has been running for atleast 40 min.

TRENDING THREADS