Question PC shuts down during heavy gaming or over processing of CPU/Memory ?

Aug 31, 2024
My PC is one year old with high specs,

Problem: sudden shutdown when heavy gaming , wont start until I plug off power and wait for 5+ minutes . note there is no overheat happenign or something, it used to handle way more heat back when I first bought it.

Also, I upgraded my BIOS and it fixed the flickering that was happening in the game. but PC is still shutting down.

It used to shut down sooner when I had OneDrive installed and it was eating up my memory and over processing. When I removed it, the PC keeps running for longer before shutdown occurs. so basically I am not sure if its my CPU, PSU or the wiring ?

thanks in advance

PSU model: Xigmatek 1100W Gold

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015

Problem: sudden shutdown when heavy gaming , wont start until I plug off power and wait for 5+ minutes . note there is no overheat happenign or something, it used to handle way more heat back when I first bought it.

Also, I upgraded my BIOS and it fixed the flickering that was happening in the game. but PC is still shutting down.

It used to shut down sooner when I had OneDrive installed and it was eating up my memory and over processing. When I removed it, the PC keeps running for longer before shutdown occurs. so basically I am not sure if its my CPU, PSU or the wiring ?

thanks in advance

Complete PC specifications please.
Could be a few things but sans the power supply I have no idea what we're working with. Could be the supply CPU. GPU. Needs some help from you .

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015

thanks in advance

Please install HWinfo. All your PC information will be found and displayed. There are portable and installation versions.

DaleH

Notable
Mar 24, 2023

thanks in advance

How did you determine there is no overheating? What were the CPU and GPU temps when the problem occurs. Observe temps while doing heavy gaming.

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
How did you determine there isn't any overheating? A finger pointed into the wind won't do it.
One more time.... Install HWinfo. Complete PC specs and sensor for monitoring the CPU, GPU, Storage and other peripherals.