[SOLVED] Constant Screen Tearing

Oct 17, 2019
Okay, so I built a PC back in October. The initial graphics card came from an older build but was an upgrade to that PC, it was an RX570. I secondly tried an RX 5500XT. Now I have an 1660 Super in my PC. I have been having constant screen tearing since the beginning. Say if you're watching wrestling on youtube, it will play smoothly for most. I know this because I watch wrestling on a 4k TV but when I watch it on my PC the wrestler looks as if they are lagging. I've tried messing with settings, changing hardware, fresh software installations of drivers and Windows, I am at my wits end. I'm being made to believe that screen tearing is a software issue and not a hardware problem but could a faulty processor or motherboard be the culprit here?

I'll rundown my specs.

MSI B450 Gaming Plus
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
MSI Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Super
GSkill Trident RGB 16GB DDR4 PC 3600
Patroit Scorch M.2 SSD
Corsair CX550 PSU

I also tried changing the PCIe for the graphics card and the same result in both slots.

Any help with a directive here would be great and thank you in advance.

Oct 17, 2019
I've had V-sync on, a Gsync monitor is something out of my range momentarily but I also don't want to get my hopes up. This was doing the same thing with a Radeon card and a freesync monitor at 75hz. Same issue on 60hz, 59hz, etc.