Constant system lag on Windows 10

Ippeman

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
The problem is windows 10 lagging but not like performance lag but most programs are going to the 'not responding' state for an unknown reason. It started before win 10 in win 7 and it was caused (i assume it was the cause) by chrome. When i was browsing any site, like youtube, it would suddenly just stop loading video and the web page froze. Then i would try to open any other programs like task manager (to shut down chrome), the task manager wouldn't open and the same problem is now on win 10 but on a more larger scale. As i do anything on this computer like, start browsing the web or open skype, steam or winamp, my computer makes all programs that are open (mostly skype, steam, winamp, opera [changed browsers multiple times thinking it was chrome and stuck with this]. origin, all games and so on) go to the 'not responding' mode. It is really frustrating since it makes my games like CS GO freeze during a match and so on. It takes time for the programs to start responding again and i am really losing my nerve in the lag spikes. And another example comes to mind, when i was typing this a friend called me on skype and when i pressed the decline button my skype stopped responding. I have no clue about what is the cause. My processor seems to run on a fairly low percentage (1-10) when browsing or something. Any ideas? And please do ask for more details, i might have missed something.

Here are my specs if they help

Intel i5 4690k
Gtx 670
Maximus VII Ranger
Corsair CX 600W
2x some old HDDs

Hi,

First try switch the PC into Best performance mode.
- Right click on Computer and select Properties.
- Once open, on the left pane select Advance system settings.
- Under Performance click on Settings.
- Select Adjust for best performance then click Apply and OK.
- Observe your PC if it will still freeze.
- If it still does, please do run a virus/malware scan with your PC that may help.
- Here's the link for some tutorials: http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-1691891/removing-malware-proven-completely-remove-bitcoin-mining-malware.html

If all these doesn't work do try to update all of your drivers and run Windows Update and install all important updates if there are some.

Ippeman

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013

My computer had been in performance mode all along and the malware check didn't find anything.