[SOLVED] constant unknown crashes? steam games

Morcaster

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2013
Okay, so I've had constant crashing to desktop issues with this computer for wayyyy too long and it's annoying.
I've tried reinstalling the games and steam, and verifying integrity of game files.
What I don't understand is that my other computer gets no crashing issues at all. And It shouldn't be the GPU or drivers because I've switched them out and updated and still get the same issue.
It's starting to get really frustrating for me and my husband to play at all together when he crashes right before a boss fight or completing a map on verminetide with no credit.
And it's not just that game, It's sekiro, divinity orginal sin 2, or some other steam game, and it crashes t complete random times. Sometime it the PC freezes and restarts, but only rarely

We've also tried other virus programs, added exceptions, altered some game files to no avail.

Please let me know what else I can try. And If I've tried it, I'll let you know.

This contains my DXDiag:
https://filebin.net/3soyh4hn857p5wjn

More info: I used Restoro to find some things, but I don't own the program to fix them:

Stability Crash List
Application: bad_module_info
Crash date: 2019/08/06/ 22:29
Application: microsoft-windows-perflib
Crash date: 2019/08/05/ 16:8
Application: microsoft-windows-wmi
Crash date: 2019/08/05/ 8:8
Application: sekiro.exe
Crash date: 2019/08/05/ 20:23

SharedDLLS
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\diasymreader.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\iehost.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\microsoft.jscript.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\microsoft.vsa.vb.codedomprocessor.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscordbi.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscorrc.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscorsec.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\system.configuration.install.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\system.data.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\system.enterpriseservices.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\vsavb7rt.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\wminet_utils.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\System.Windows.Forms.tlb
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\System.tlb
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\System.EnterpriseServices.tlb
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\System.Drawing.tlb
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorlib.tlb
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscoree.tlb
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Microsoft.JScript.tlb
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\System.Windows.Forms.tlb
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\System.tlb
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\System.EnterpriseServices.tlb
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\System.Drawing.tlb
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscorlib.tlb
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscoree.tlb
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Microsoft.JScript.tlb
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\diasymreader.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\iehost.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\microsoft.jscript.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\microsoft.vsa.vb.codedomprocessor.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscordbi.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscorrc.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\mscorsec.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\system.configuration.install.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\system.data.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\system.enterpriseservices.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\vsavb7rt.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\wminet_utils.dll
InstallerReference
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\InstallHEVCAppxPackage\
Startup
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Logitech Download Assistant

Last edited:
Solution
In addition to removing restoro, I would recommend you go into the BIOS and undo the RAM dedication to your integrated GPU. Since you have a very good Nvidia card, no reason to dedicate 8 GB of RAM to internal graphics.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Any major hardware changes recently? Like the motherboard, for example; it's recommended to reinstall windows after replacing the mobo, because the OS is still optimized for the old system.

What are the specs of the troubled PC?
cpu make and model(cpu-z will tell you if you don't know: https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html)
cpu cooler
motherboard make and model(it's usually printed in bold on the board itself, but cpu-z can also tell you this)
ram - how many sticks, and were the sticks mixed or packaged together
all storage drives
gpu make and model(there's also gpu-z for this if you don't know: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/)
make and model of the power supply(this info is on a label printed on one of the unit's sides)

Was DDU used to uninstall the old gpu drivers?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Check the health of all the drives: https://crystalmark.info/redirect.php?product=CrystalDiskInfoInstaller
Have you done a check of corrupt or missing windows files? Link: Using System File Checker in Windows 10

Any recent software changes, or additions? The error reports show that there's a driver conflict, likely with some 3rd party software.
If no, then it's something you didn't intend to install in the PC. Link: Malwarebytes Free Adwcleaner Download
Quarantine and delete everything it finds, if any.

Morcaster

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2013
Check the health of all the drives: https://crystalmark.info/redirect.php?product=CrystalDiskInfoInstaller
Have you done a check of corrupt or missing windows files? Link: Using System File Checker in Windows 10

Any recent software changes, or additions? The error reports show that there's a driver conflict, likely with some 3rd party software.
If no, then it's something you didn't intend to install in the PC. Link: Malwarebytes Free Adwcleaner Download
Quarantine and delete everything it finds, if any.

EDIT
Crystalmark health is good.
Used, File Checker, done and some things where repaired.
I already have the malware installed and ran it, few things, nothing serious. Removed 666 adware threats with super anti spyware. lol.

Still Random Crashing, Nothing has changed.

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
EDIT
Crystalmark health is good.
Used, File Checker, done and some things where repaired.
I already have the malware installed and ran it, few things, nothing serious. Removed 666 adware threats with super anti spyware. lol.

Still Random Crashing, Nothing has changed.
You already have Malwarebytes installed, or some other security program? If other, what's it called?
If it were Malwarebytes, it should've been prompting you to remove Restoro, because that program is no good: Restoro, digital snake oil
There's probably more disguised on your PC if you're using other shady 3rd party programs. Give the program I linked earlier a try and see if it finds anything else.

Already tried updating Windows?
You've updated the gpu drivers, but did you get rid of the older ones first using Display Driver Uninstaller? Link: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

Go into your steam library folder and find the launch applications for the 'problem games'. Right-click the icon, select Properties, then click the Compatibility tab.
Find 'Disable Fullscreen Optimization', and check it. Do the same for WoW:

Go to the main wow folder. There should be 3 Wow 'W' icons, World of Warcraft Launcher, Wow and Wow-64.
Right-click on the Wow-64 icon. Select Properties, then the Compatibility tab and check Disable Fullscreen Optimization there.
Then do the same on the World of Warcraft Launcher icon.

Also, go to Windows > Settings > Gaming, and just turn off Game Bar and Game Mode.

Morcaster

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2013
You already have Malwarebytes installed, or some other security program? If other, what's it called?
If it were Malwarebytes, it should've been prompting you to remove Restoro, because that program is no good: Restoro, digital snake oil
There's probably more disguised on your PC if you're using other shady 3rd party programs. Give the program I linked earlier a try and see if it finds anything else.

Already tried updating Windows?
You've updated the gpu drivers, but did you get rid of the older ones first using Display Driver Uninstaller? Link: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

Go into your steam library folder and find the launch applications for the 'problem games'. Right-click the icon, select Properties, then click the Compatibility tab.
Find 'Disable Fullscreen Optimization', and check it. Do the same for WoW:

Go to the main wow folder. There should be 3 Wow 'W' icons, World of Warcraft Launcher, Wow and Wow-64.
Right-click on the Wow-64 icon. Select Properties, then the Compatibility tab and check Disable Fullscreen Optimization there.
Then do the same on the World of Warcraft Launcher icon.

Also, go to Windows > Settings > Gaming, and just turn off Game Bar and Game Mode.

I have Malwarebytes and yes it removed Restoro
I ran the DDU and restarted (Today)
Disabled fullscreen op
Turned off Game bar and Game mode.

Don't have WoW

Testing game for today.... Will update.
Thank you so much for your help!

@Ketchup79 Hey, thanks for seeing that, I had no idea that was happening, I'll see what I can do. Thanks!

Morcaster

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2013
I have Malwarebytes and yes it removed Restoro
I ran the DDU and restarted (Today)
Disabled fullscreen op
Turned off Game bar and Game mode.

Don't have WoW

Testing game for today.... Will update.
Thank you so much for your help!

@Ketchup79 Hey, thanks for seeing that, I had no idea that was happening, I'll see what I can do. Thanks!
Update Well I went into bios and saw nothing about VRAM or anything about a GPU or RAM or VRAM at all. But I did go into advanced display settings and see the adapter information.
I see the chip type and adapter sting as my main card but DAC type is "Integrated RAMDAC" and then I see dedicated video memory as about 8gigs.
Is that what you mean? I don't know how to change that or if I even need to or see the point.
Will it change performance? Does it cause issues? If so, please let me know how I can change it. I tried watching a video, but I have to mess with the registry and I don't trust a Youtube video for that.

Morcaster

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2013
Can you give me the model name of your motherboard? Don't see it listed in dxdiag. With the model number I can look up the manual and give you an idea of what to set.
asus p8p67

Update on crashing.

Vermintide2 still crashes. No mods.
This is a rare time to get a error code.
this happened 3 times today, but this is the only code I got.
Random times.
Last one crashed right at the end in the waystone so I didn't earn anything, this is the coded one.

GUID: 73653ed2-1356-4f47-be04-9a7af705d822
Log File:
Info Type:
-----------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------
[Crash Link]:
crashify://73653ed2-1356-4f47-be04-9a7af705d822

Last edited:
Reactions: Ketchup79
in the advanced menu under Initiate Graphics Adapter, choose PEG. I did not see in the manual online where to change the memory allocation. It is possible that selecting PEG will turn it off. If not, look for or PCI settings. The advantage here would be that all memory is available to Windows, and not some held back for the internal Intel video, which you aren't using.