[SOLVED] Constant "Video Scheduler Internal Error BSOD" -- No readily available solutions working

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuciaRomano

Commendable
Jul 16, 2019
As the title says, very recently my PC, which was working perfectly fine with no problems before hand, suddenly began blue screening with that windows stopcode "Video Scheduler Internal Error" saying that it ran into a "fatal violation" or something like that.

Whatever, maybe it was just that one time...... Nope. Happened again and again, googled solutions and have tried many things; none have worked.

It does some weird graphical glitching on my monitors with the audio becoming stuck, then it BSOD. I caught some pictures with my camera which I will be posting at the bottom.

It only seems to happen when playing a graphic intensive game, minor things like emulators seem to work fine, but games like The Crew 2 or Smite which are a little more intensive seem to be only a matter of time before it BSOD. The game I'm playing in the images below also worked perfectly fine for like 4-5 hours the night prior with no issues, but trying to play it this afternoon seemed not to work. I'm not really sure what to make it... Overheating maybe?

I ran sfc which did find corrupted windows files and fixed them, I ran chkdsk on all my drives, none of which (included the boot drive) had any errors, used CCleaner to scan and repair registry, reinstalled graphics driver, used device manager to check for updates to my components (all updated), windows is fully updated, I've ran the windows memory checker which came back fine.

None of which stopped the BSOD, so I just said 'fudge it' and reset my PC and reinstalled windows (which only wiped my c drive, not my other drives even though I told it to get rid of everything?), I thought that would be the end of it. Nah, was just playing a game with a friend when it occurred AGAIN!

The only thing I haven't done is reseat the GPU or try another GPU in the system to test if the GPU itself is just faulty (I do not just have another GPU laying around to test with lol).

After reinstalling windows, for it to still be occurring, that is the only explanation left, right? A faulty GPU? I cannot really afford to replace it right now with the inflated prices, so I would like to be triple-sure that it's not something software based that can be fixed before jumping straight to faulty GPU.

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

--- Specs ---

AMD Ryzen 5 3600x
Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming-CF
16GB ram (forget the brand and speed)
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
3 PNY CS900 240GB
1 WDC 1TB
1 Samsung SSD 860 EVP 250GB

---Images---

This is what I see just prior to the BSOD, but after resetting windows it doesn't even BSOD anymore, it just sits like this until it restarts itself... Everything will work just fine once again... until it doesn't

Screenshot #1 - This is the monitor playing the game, as you can see beneath the graphic errors.

Screenshot #2 - This is my other monitor which only had my browser playing music & discord on it.

This exact same setup worked just fine last night playing the same game, but today I could barely play 10-15m before it broke down.

EDIT: Posted the same screenshot link twice, Screenshot #2 is now the correct photo

Solution
A gpu artifact. You might want to find the gpu bios, download GPU-z and open it, next to your gpu name, press look up, and download the same exact model of your GPU bios. Then you flash it using NVFlash, heres a tutorial. after that uninstall the gpu driver using DDU, then download and install the latest Nvidia driver.

also install amd chipset driver if you didn't do that yet.
*click the highlighted text, it got the links :D
A gpu artifact. You might want to find the gpu bios, download GPU-z and open it, next to your gpu name, press look up, and download the same exact model of your GPU bios. Then you flash it using NVFlash, heres a tutorial. after that uninstall the gpu driver using DDU, then download and install the latest Nvidia driver.

Last edited:
Solution

LuciaRomano

Commendable
Jul 16, 2019

I thought I had solved the problem, as I haven't had a crash since I put a fan to my PC so I thought it was just overheating... Nope, suddenly it started crashing again back to back today, so I checked my post & tried your solution. Let's see if it lasts! If I make it 7 days without a crash, then I can safely say it worked!

Fingers crossed till then.

LuciaRomano

Commendable
Jul 16, 2019
I thought I had solved the problem, as I haven't had a crash since I put a fan to my PC so I thought it was just overheating... Nope, suddenly it started crashing again back to back today, so I checked my post & tried your solution. Let's see if it lasts! If I make it 7 days without a crash, then I can safely say it worked!

Fingers crossed till then.

HAHA Nope. Opened Smite and sat at the main menu for about 50 seconds and it crashed again, with the same visual glitches... Think my GPU is just on it's way out idk...

Status
Not open for further replies.