Dec 4, 2019
Hello,

I am having a constant WHEA error. This all happened right after a windows update. I have reset a restore point, and everything else I could think of.

Current System:
Gigabyte X299 UD4
Intel I7 7820X
Silicon power DDR4 16gb (WAS PNY Anarchy DDR4 16gb)
Silicon power M.2 500gb (WAS WD Caviar Blue)
Zotac GTX 1060 AMP edition 6gb
EVGA 750BQ
EVGA all in one liquid cooler (WAS Enermax Liqmax 120mm)
Windows 10 LTSC (WAS windows 10 PRO)

The new:
RAM
M.2
Cooling system
Fresh install of Windows 10

The not changed yet:
Motherboard
CPU
GPU
PSU

The trigger:
Originally, opening google Chrome was the trigger. So i quit using chrome and started using firefox. It helped for about 3 months. Then the errors came back triggered randomly. Google Chrome however is an instant death blow to getting a BSOD. I am going out of my mind right now because I cant work anymore via my desktop. Please advise me on anything that I can do to diagnose where this error is coming from. I am going to be using a new GPU soon.

Solution
Which version of Windows 10 are you working with? We're currently on 1909. You should try and recreate the bootable installer for your OS using Windows Media Creation Tools to rule out a corrupt installer.

Might want to also see which BIOS version for your motherboard you're currently on. If you have BIOS updates pending, best gradually update the BIOS to the latest(non beta version).

I've had a similar issue with a friend's system where opening Google's Chrome browser would just kick a BSOD and then a reboot. I didn't get the issue while it was in my possession but I also made sure the BIOS was up to date and I reinstalled the OS with the latest offered by Microsoft, then manually installed all drivers for the platform in an elevated...

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of Windows 10 are you working with? We're currently on 1909. You should try and recreate the bootable installer for your OS using Windows Media Creation Tools to rule out a corrupt installer.

Might want to also see which BIOS version for your motherboard you're currently on. If you have BIOS updates pending, best gradually update the BIOS to the latest(non beta version).

I've had a similar issue with a friend's system where opening Google's Chrome browser would just kick a BSOD and then a reboot. I didn't get the issue while it was in my possession but I also made sure the BIOS was up to date and I reinstalled the OS with the latest offered by Microsoft, then manually installed all drivers for the platform in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer > Run as Administrator.

Solution

stuch_flex

Reputable
Aug 4, 2016
Im having the exact same problem with chrome, it also happens with Avast. I reinstalled windows with a full deletion of all partitions and still have the same problem after... i get a bsod the moment i open the install file of chrome even after a windows reinstall.
Ive been trying to find out why for a month and still dont know what it is.
The best answer ive had was from a live tech who done a stress test on my cpu and the moment the stress test started i got a bsod. For me atleast "it seems to be the voltage levels and/or the cooler"

stuch_flex

Reputable
Aug 4, 2016
One thing to note is we both have the same motherboard, could this be linked? I do remember a long time ago someone mentioning our motherboards bios have additional settings we can use..? ive looked but cant find anything.

Dec 4, 2019
I will be using a new motherboard in the next two weeks. Will report back if it fixes the problem. Both happy and sad to hear that someone is in the same boat. At least our motherboards and chrome are a constant.

Dec 4, 2019

I've had a similar issue with a friend's system where opening Google's Chrome browser would just kick a BSOD and then a reboot. I didn't get the issue while it was in my possession but I also made sure the BIOS was up to date and I reinstalled the OS with the latest offered by Microsoft, then manually installed all drivers for the platform in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer > Run as Administrator.

I have version 10.0.17763 Build 17763. As far as I know the bios seems to be...VERY out of date (about 5 versions behind) so I'll go ahead and check for an update on that.